Director, New Markets
This position is with Micronor LLC., a division of Photon Control.
As the Product Manager, you will play an integral role in shaping and executing our product strategy. You will have ultimate responsibility for the product, including owning the product’s strategy, developing, and maintaining the product roadmap, and conveying the roadmap to the development team to ensure they build the product according to plan.
- Customer Development: perform deep dive analysis of target customers’ pains, challenges, required solutions and product requirements. Address customers’ complex requirements for high performance measurement systems. Be the subject matter expert.
- Market Requirements Specification: collect and analyze market reports, attend webinars, technical forums and virtual trade shows, and maintain current market requirements, including current solutions, market trends and competitors’ landscape. Working with customers, OEMs, suppliers, and industry experts identify the Market white space.
- Product Roadmap: develop product Market Requirements Documents (MRD) and product roadmaps based on market analysis and customer pains.
- Competitive Intelligence: develop actionable competitive analysis and insight to drive our decision-making process and develop a highly differentiated, high value, profitable portfolio, and roadmap.
- New Product Launch: help define the optimum way to launch and sell new products.
- Business Support: perform detailed financial analysis and define business cases to support the development of new products, including forecasting, project justifications, product margins and other business activities. Provide product and business forecasts. Own and manage product value-based pricing.
- Product Lifecycle Management: own the product’s strategy, gathering market information, determine customer personas, developing pricing strategies and structures, managing the roadmap, backlog, win/loss analyses, overseeing the creation of sales and marketing tools.
- Sales and Support:identify the key benefits and value proposition of our products to help the sales and applications. Define and drive regular training sessions.
- Champion Innovation: work with engineering and application engineering to help promote innovation and technology development for driving the value of Micronor products.
- Product Marketing: support the development of marketing materials creating and delivering product capability and product technology roadmap presentations to internal and external stakeholders. Build and implement a strategy of pricing and value sales by aligning company & team plans
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in product management, with at least 2 years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Degree in Engineering with a background or secondary degree in business, marketing, or sales.
- Preference given to candidates with a post graduate degree or MBA.
- Experience delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research.
- Experience in the industrial tech sector (Energy, Cleantech, Medical Devices etc.) will be a strong asset.
- M&A due diligence and execution experience is preferred.
- Experience using CRM tools (Salesforce.) is an asset.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills; ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information.
- Strong presentation and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Strong MS Office skills, especially in PowerPoint.
Compensation and Benefits
- Benefits - 401k, Health care including medical, dental and vision, Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid vacation and sick days
- Annual Salary - starting at $110, 000 USD
- Stock Options - available
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Photon Control Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, representative, and inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.