The Front of House Manager is responsible and accountable for all Crystal Tavern Restaurant & Room Service activities, and assumes complete responsibility for the restaurant as necessary. The manager works to ensure that all activities are consistent with and supportive of the restaurant’s business plan. The manager ensures all employees are performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas of their job descriptions.
· Meets restaurant financial objectives by developing financing; establishing and monitoring financial controls; developing and implementing strategies to increase average meal checks.
· Maintains operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implementing production, productivity, quality, and patron-service standards; determining and implementing system improvements.
· Maintains patron satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons.
· Accomplishes restaurant and bar human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures.
· Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the restaurant industry; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
· Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Consistently provides a quality product and customer service experience that delivers total customer satisfaction. He or she models and creates an environment in which the customer is always right; ensures a positive customer service experience.
· Responds positively and quickly to customer concerns. He or she corrects potential problems before they affect customers.
· Hires high quality people who demonstrate and ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
· Ensures all employees are trained, motivated and empowered to deliver total customer satisfaction. Evaluates each employee’s ability to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
· Maintains restaurant at the level necessary to meet or exceed the company standards for Quality, Service and Cleanliness (QSC).
· Utilizes labor effectively to meet budgets while ensuring high quality of QSC.
· Continuously improves the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees. He or she treats the employees with dignity and respect; creates an environment where the entire team does the same.
· Effectively utilizes all training programs from new employee orientation up to and including management training classes.
· Prepares qualified employees for promotion to the next position. He or she continually develops adequate numbers of shift leaders to meet the objective of the business plan.
· Evaluates each employee’s performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectations. Holds the employees accountable for performance. The manager makes tough decisions regarding all performance related issues in the restaurant; confronts poor performance.
· Ensures business and personnel practices are within the law and consistent with policies and procedures.
· Serves as a role model and sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and personnel management.
· Enforces all labor laws (federal, state and local).
· Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all employees, customers and company assets (building, cash, equipment, supplies).
· Upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees.
· Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given attentive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
· Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
· Achieve company objectives in sales, service, and quality, appearance of facility, sanitation, and cleanliness through training of employees and by creating a positive and productive working environment.
· Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
· Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations are always meeting guest expectations.
· Continuously strives to develop staff in all managerial and professional areas.
· Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
· Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
· Responsible for all restaurant inventories including liquor, beer, wine, equipment, & tool inventories and must constantly manage & maintain documented detailed status in all areas including on hand quantities and costs.
· Ensure product is always on hand on an as needed basis, through systematic ordering and forecasting techniques.
· Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition, and, deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
· Assist in developing, planning, and executing restaurant marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns.
· Cooperate with all corporate departmental needs and work alongside support departments to improve all aspects of the business.
· Express restaurant needs from all corporate support departments and leaders.
· Respond to any & all corrective action requests from Assistant F&B Director in a timely manner.
· Ensure all restaurant staff & management team members have necessary tools to perform daily duties.
· Communicate well all aspects of weekly operations by leading weekly team management meetings
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace i.e. English.
· Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Must possess basic computational ability.
· Must possess basic computer skills including MS Excel and MS Outlook.
· Must have a working knowledge of types of room set-ups, capacities, relation to type of event, etc.
· Must have excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills.
· Must have exceptional organizational, supervisory skills.
· Must be able to prepare and analyze data and figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
· Must have exceptional food and beverage knowledge and pricing.
· Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 4 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
· Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
· Must be able to lift up to 6Kgs/ 13.2Lbs on a regular and continuing basis.
· Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 9Kgs/ 20Lbs and occasionally lift up to 20Kgs/ 44Lbs
· May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 11Kgs/ 24.25Lbs
· Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 90Kgs/ 198.5Lbs occasionally.
· Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
· Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
· Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
· Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
· Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Three years or more of management experience required.
Licenses or Certificates
Hold or have the ability to obtain Food Handlers and Tips Certification within 6 months of commencement of employment with Crystal Springs Resort.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per the Crystal Springs Resort standards.