We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented individual responsible for sourcing and buying a broad spectrum of laboratory consumables, off-the-shelf reagents, and equipment while ensuring customers are happy and their needs are being met or exceeded.
The ideal candidate for this entry-level position will be responsible for negotiating with suppliers, placing and tracking orders, creating reports, quality assurance, and providing “above and beyond” customer support.
- Develop strong customer relationships with scientists, business operations, and procurement
- Manage numerous order requests simultaneously; place multiple orders per day with various suppliers on behalf of our customers
- Troubleshoot and assist when customers have inquiries about order status
- Liaise with suppliers to get resolutions to issues quickly and effectively
- Operate our Live Chat feature to provide support in real-time
- Ensure customer satisfaction through diligent and timely communication
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken with all supplier and customer relationships
- Present summaries and updates at biweekly internal team meetings
- Be an excellent collaborator, communicator and team player to fully integrate with the company
- Other business-related duties as required
- This is an entry-level position, all work experience is welcome; high school diploma/GED minimum
- You care genuinely about customer support, solving problems for customers, and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric business successful
- Accuracy, dependability and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple problems simultaneously
- Self-starter capable of working independently but also collaboratively
- Analytical skills necessary to evaluate the quality and cost-effectiveness of purchasing options
- Proficient computer skills to include internet navigation, email usage, and word processing
- Solid writing, editing, and communications skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Able to work at our Solana Beach office
- Full-time, hourly rate position with option of moving to full-time salary position after a 90 day probation period as determined by meeting performance goals and teamwork.
- $17-$20/hr to start based on experience
- Salaried rate starting at $40-$45K after probation
- Candidate must be local to San Diego and able to work in our Solana Beach office; remote hours currently being set due to pandemic
Scientist.com is the world’s largest marketplace for medical research. We help pharmaceutical scientists discover life-saving medicines in less time and at lower cost. Our mission is to make it possible to cure all human disease by 2050.
By connecting scientists and enabling them to exchange ideas and transact seamlessly online, Scientist.com is speeding up and reducing the cost of medical research. We were founded in 2007, launched our first research outsourcing marketplace in 2008 and built our first enterprise marketplace for Pfizer in 2009. Today, we operate enterprise marketplaces for 20 of the world’s top 30 pharmaceutical companies, 80 biotechnology companies and the US National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Named as Inc. Magazines Best Workplaces 2018 & 2019 and 9th Fastest Growing Company in the U.S. 2018, we are seeking talented, creative, and hard-working individuals who want to transform how research is done and help speed the discovery of new cures in oncology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, and thousands of other common and rare diseases.