Registered Practical Nurse
Reporting to the region's Regional Director, the Registered Practical Nurse, provides professional nursing care and coordinates the delivery of chronic pain medical treatments to assigned patients in the Centre, ensuring adherence to company policies and nursing procedures, standards, and practices.
- Provides direct nursing care for specified patients, including appropriate supportive care and administration of treatments as prescribed.
- Performs nursing assessments and triage of patient care needs for new and ongoing patients.
- Provides education to patients, families, and significant others; acts as an information resource to students, health care professionals, patients, and the public.
- Provides family support as required, including applicable referrals and counseling.
- Follows established NeuPath policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- May train and guide other nursing and support staff engaged in clinical activities; may participate in research and related activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum two (2) years of related work experience
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Hold a current BCLS
- RPNAO Membership - Professional Liability Insurance.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of medical treatment procedures, facilities, and equipment.
- Knowledge of supportive care principles and techniques for patients.
- Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of the disease and to provide instruction on proper care and treatment.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to perform nursing assessments and patient triage.
- Patient assessment and referral skills.
- Proficient in IV initiation and management
NeuPath Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.