WE’RE STILL HIRING!
Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. – an employee owned, Alberta based company, has a supportive environment that enables individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We have high-performing teams that are using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in geotechnical, geoscience, environmental and field services.
The successful candidate will promote our geotechnical engineering teams with clients in different areas such as infrastructure, mining, oil & gas industries – to name a few.
*This position is temporarily work from home. A reliable internet connection is a must.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Working as part of an interdisciplinary team to execute geotechnical projects
• Preparing technical reports, project scheduling & resourcing, meeting project deadlines and budgets
• Establishing, developing, promoting, and maintaining excellent relationships with clients
• Providing technical direction to the project teams on multi-discipline projects in the areas of geotechnical design for foundations, retaining & shoring systems, open pit walls, waste dumps, water ponds, slope stabilization, roads and other linear infrastructures
• Fostering a culture of safe work practices
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Geological Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years PDA testing experience needed
- Minimum 4 years’ geotechnical engineering experience
- Must be registered with APEGA as a PEng
- Strong computer skills and familiar with geotechnical software programs
- Able to write and speak compellingly on both technical & non-technical topics
- Business Acumen
Why Join Terracon?
• Work with a group of people who have a passion for excellence and share common values
• The ability to make a difference every day, working alongside a wide range of dedicated engineers, geoscientists, technologists as well as a talented group of people who support the business
• You will have an opportunity to share your expertise and develop solutions working with various clients on interesting projects
• A competitive employee package including health & dental wellness plans, employee incentives, and RRSP/TFSA financial wellness plan
Working Conditions, Schedule, and Physical Requirements
• Legally authorized to work in Canada
• Must have valid driver’s license, with a clean driver’s abstract
• Must be physically able to perform field work as required. A fitness for work test will be performed before hired
• Successfully complete a drug & alcohol test
Our Mission is to help ensure projects are designed, built, and maintained with the sound application of geotechnical, geoscience, environmental and safety standards so that they operate effectively and safely. Our Vision is to be an industry leader by building best in class technical, safety, and professional standards into everything we do. We are at our best when our collective and individual actions are guided by our SITE Values (Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Entrepreneurism).
Connect with us!
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with job opportunities, safety tips, and general information.
is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from those who would
contribute to the further diversification of our employees and clients
including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, persons with
disabilities and person of any ethnic and national or socio-economic
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted