Founded in 1965 as part of the War on Poverty, Worcester Community Action Council (WCAC) is one of 1,000 community action agencies across the U.S. and 23 in Massachusetts created to address disparities throughout the nation. Our values of advancing equitable access, elevating all voices and partnering with people are embedded in the role we play as the federally designated anti-poverty agency for Central and South-Central Massachusetts. WCAC embodies service to the community through our Mission: Helping people move to economic self-sufficiency through programs, partnerships, and advocacy.
Our vision is to break the cycle of poverty one neighbor at a time. Through safety-net services and asset building solutions, WCAC creates economic mobility opportunities for tens of thousands of people annually through programs such as energy assistance, early education and care, financial empowerment, positive youth development, and career pathways.
WCAC is committed to being a responsible and inclusive partner through strong collaboration and a shared client perspective. We are committed to advocating for policies that create equitable access to education, health, social, and economic systems. We are committed to a workplace culture with a shared passion for our mission that promotes teamwork, respect, and the opportunity to make a difference.
WCAC’s YouthWorks Summer Jobs Program provides summer jobs for youth between the ages of 14 and 21 in the city of Worcester. Each summer, youth are provided with pre-employment training, along with meaningful paid work experience, daily supervision, and support.
WCAC is seeking an Intake Specialist to work with applicants to receive and review intake forms and employment documents for the 2021 YouthWorks Summer Jobs program. This is a seasonal, temporary position.
- Demonstrates a personable and professional image.
- Experience coordinating and managing logistics relative to the collection of data.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite and managing data.
- Ability to multitask and work in a busy environment.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with staff and clients from diverse cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Experience working with youth required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Bilingual ability preferred.
- Ability to successfully complete a CORI/SORI review.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the YouthWorks digital and paper intake process. This includes receiving and reviewing a YouthWorks applicants’ intake form and related employment documents and assessing if additional information is needed.
- Coordinate with YouthWorks applicants to obtain missing or additional information relative to employment documentation through email and by phone. Maintain accurate checklists.
- Enter YouthWorks applicant personal information and demographics into youth employment and CSG Engage databases. This will include handling personal and confidential information.
- Maintain digital and paper filing system for all intake forms and applications so that the files may be easily accessed, as well as an Excel spreadsheet.
Send cover letter and resume specifying position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Human Resource Department, Worcester Community Action Council, 484 Main St, #200, Worcester, MA 01608.
Worcester Community Action Council, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, membership in the uniformed services or any other classification which is protected under state or federal law.