Software Developer, Security
Doing business to business, person to person. Payworks is a leading workforce management solutions provider and multi-year winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated, committed to developing world-class products and providing a progressive workplace culture where Doing Right by People is our purpose.
With clients of all sizes from coast to coast and more than 300 employees, we currently have an exciting opportunity on our Development team for the right candidate. Because when it comes to great people, there’s always room for one more.DOING RIGHT BY PEOPLE – IT’S WHAT WE DO
Payworks develops proprietary, integrated cloud-based products in the payroll, human resources and time and attendance space. We create, deploy and maintain our own solutions; this requires a talented team of Developers who will ensure we deliver quality products to end users and focus on protecting our clients’ data. Conducting vulnerability assessments and secure code reviews, you will foster a culture of information security within the Payworks team. Individual drive and team collaboration are the keys to success; we feel that exceptional and inventive development comes naturally to teams that are having fun and working together.
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits for you and your family and excellent pension plan with employer contributions.
- Plenty of professional development opportunities.
- Community-minded culture – Receive two paid days per year to volunteer and lots of opportunity to “Pay it Forward”.
- Time and flexibility to meet your needs – Hybrid work model with flexible work options, plus 3 weeks vacation to start, flex time and parental leave benefits.
- Cool perks – Annual wellness subsidy, Costco membership, fun office environment and events, regularly scheduled fitness classes, and more!
- Creatively solve problems – We love to solve problems! You will conduct research to identify potential attack vectors against Payworks products, engage with team members to come up with robust and efficient technical solutions and then implement those solutions to reduce security risks for the business.
- Work with a team – We believe that when we work together we become greater than the sum of our parts. You will work with a team to close security vulnerabilities and at the same time share your security knowledge with your fellow developers. Collaborate, create, learn and grow alongside the rest of our talented team.
- Define the standard – You will ensure that Payworks software and systems are designed and implemented to the highest security standard. We already have high standards for the security of our product but we want someone who will push us even higher.
- Make great products even better – We build great products that delight our customers! The security of our application is our top concern, but it is also important to ensure that we maximize the usability of our application. Come up with innovative solutions that meet our security requirements while still being user friendly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, BIT – Application Development Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CISSP certification would be considered an asset.
- Previous programming experience in a business environment.
- Proven grasp of security industry processes and security coding best practices.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET Core (C#), Microsoft .NET (VB), ASP.NET and Git source control.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL Queries.
- Experience with HTML and modern front-end frameworks and technologies such as CSS3, SCSS and Vue.js.
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with a desire to achieve shared goals.
- Knack for thinking outside the box and applying your innovation and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
We are proud to support a Flexible Work Plan that allows employees, in collaboration with their leader, to choose the work location that best suits their work and lifestyle. The Software Developer, Security reports into the Payworks office, however has the option to work remotely, in the office or on a hybrid work model. Individuals working in the office and/or conducting in-person business operations must be fully vaccinated. Anyone unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine for a reason related to a protected ground set out in applicable provincial Human Rights Legislation may request an accommodation.
Payworks is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, and collaborating with employees, clients and guests to identify and effectively remove barriers, in a manner that respects the principles of independence, dignity, integration, reasonable accommodation and equal opportunity. Payworks welcomes and encourages applications from all persons. Individuals applying for employment with Payworks may request accommodations at all stages of recruitment and employment from Human Resources.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position