Do you love being outdoors? Do you like working in an engaging and friendly environment? If so, come work at one of the coolest places in Austin right on Lady Bird Lake! Rowing Dock rents a variety of Kayaks, Canoes, and Stand-Up Paddle Boards. We are open year-round 7 days a week, weather permitting. Our company focuses on taking excellent care of our employees so they will take excellent care of our customers. If you are looking for a fast paced, customer facing, and super fun job... Rowing Dock is the place for you.
The Dock Attendant is the face of Rowing Dock. They are responsible for assisting customers and answering questions about the dock. They must also keep it nice, neat, and organized, as well as take care of the equipment. As a Dock Attendant, you will learn how to properly pair customers with appropriate boats per their body type and skill set, how to help customers in and out of boats, and how to teach customers paddling basics.
What we are looking for in a Rowing Dock Team Member
- Rowing Dock is in the Customer Service business and we take that seriously. We are looking for team members who understand the importance of engaging with our customers and working hard to ensure customer satisfaction.
- This is Texas and our summers get HOT! Dock Attendants work outside in the elements so staying healthy and fit is extremely important.
- We like to have fun at the dock, however, we are looking for responsible and professional employees. Tardiness and absenteeism are NOT tolerated. (Shift-switching is OK)
- Weekend and Holiday availability is required
- Age 18 + with reliable transportation
- We offer paid training @ $9.00/ hour.
- We offer CPR/First Aid training if you are not currently certified.
- Starting hourly wages are at $10.00.
- Most DA’s receive at least one merit-based pay raise each season.
- Employees that stay for the entire season (Memorial Day through Labor Day) and meet merit and availability requirements will receive a $2 per hour bonus for every hour worked during the main season bringing the base hourly rate to $12/ hour.
- We also offer FREE rentals for staff and their family and friends!
- Dock Attendants work between 2 and 5 shifts a week. This is a part-time job; please do not apply if you expect full-time hours.
- Shifts are 4-6 hours in length
- Complete the Dock Attendant Employment Application online
- Must upload resume via the online application