Serenity Blue - Dialysis Center Harrisburg, PA
The Dialysis Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients of the clinic and under the license of the clinic in need of renal replacement therapy. This position reports directly to the Dialysis RN Charge Nurse. $5,000 sign on bonus.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
Licenses and Certifications:
• Current RN license in the state of practice required
• Current CPR certification through American Heart Association
• Two or more years of experience as a registered nurse.
• One year of acute or chronic dialysis experience.
• Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
• Plans and provides patient care for patients in accordance with physician orders and hospital policy and procedures.
• Provides quality direct patient care and renal replacement therapies independently, in a professional, considerate, and respectful manner.
• Supervises and directs patient care of other teammates in a treatment area that may or may not be licensed.
• Interacts and communicates with clinical partners in a collaborative, respectful manner; gives pre and post treatment reports through appropriate reporting process to primary registered nurse.
• Documents patient’s physical assessment, vital signs, patient’s treatment reviews and observations in patient medical records; brings issues to the attention of the physician and primary nurse.
• Documents, evaluates, and implements dialysis orders.
• Analyzes patient assessments, dialysis orders, laboratory results and, discusses issues with the nephrologist.
• Communicates emergencies, patient life-threatening complications, and related incidents to supervisor, hospital staff, and the patient’s physician.
• Provides initiation and discontinuation of the prescribed renal replacement therapy, including but not limited to formulating a plan per physician orders, verifying safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, and documenting all activity appropriately on the hemodialysis flow sheet or hospital EMR.
• Verifies accurate charges and documentation are submitted in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates the ability to perform and mentor for modalities hemodialysis and PD.
• Fosters Quality Improvement by participating in Quality Meetings.
• Act as a resource or preceptor for teammates with less experience.
• Acts as a resource or subject matter expert for other clinical personnel.
• Assists the Dialysis RN Charge Nurse in quality measures, i.e., audits, infection control compliance, accreditation preparation, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis Process.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and oversee the dialysis process performed by Dialysis Technicians.
• Demonstrated ability to assist with providing quality outcomes and tracking of metrics.
• Demonstrated ability to provide treatments in a safe, therapeutic and cost-effective manner.
Serenity Blue - Dialysis Center is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Serenity Blue - Dialysis Center endeavors to make https://theserenityblue.easyapply.co/job/dialysis-nurse-1 accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Ester Mbaya/Executive Director at 7179144105 or Embaya@theserenityblue.com