Responsible to sell and serve food and beverages to guests in an efficient, professional & friendly manner according to restaurant guidelines and standards and provide guests with a total dining experience to ensure that guests will return and purchase again.
- Promptly and efficiently serves guests and interacts with other staff members in a professional manner according to restaurant guidelines and standards.
- Maintains & applies full knowledge of all menus, cocktails, wines, and other restaurant information with guests, such as restaurant hours, parking, address etc.
- Effectively completes all assigned opening/closing side work in dining rooms, kitchen and service stations for efficient operation during meal periods.
- Efficiently maintains clean and organized assigned stations in dining room and all service during work shift.
- Provides guests with all relevant information that will help insure they have an exceptional dining experience. (e.g., food preparation, ingredients, cooking temperatures, out of stock items). This also includes being knowledgeable of all guests’ dietary restrictions.
- Maintains effective working knowledge of the Point of Sale (POS) system to insure that all food and beverage orders are accurately entered.
- Cross-serves and/or assists team members as needed in all departments to ensure that guests receive the best possible service and product from answering the phone and preparing the restaurant to their arrival through after the guest leaves, completing side work, paperwork etc.
- Maintains positive and effective communication with hosts, chefs, other team members and managers regarding all relevant information, special considerations or concerns pertaining to our guests.
- Maintains a constant flow of dishes, glassware, trays and linens in and out of kitchen and dining room.
- Effectively, re-stocks items in dining room as needed and alerts kitchen staff or Floor Manager of stock shortages.
- Accurately and promptly prepares and receives guests’ payments and all transactions.
- Prepares all end of shift paperwork accurately and submits all transactions (including cash, charge, etc) to assigned Server, Manager and/or Bartender at the end of each shift. Confirm & double checks in the presence of another person or manager all cash transactions.
- Effectively communicates health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to the supervisor.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism when interacting with all other staff members.
- Attends all informational and team building meetings.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Required Education, Training, Knowledge and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of full dining server experience.
- Knowledge of restaurant Point of Sales Systems (POS), helpful.
- Knowledge of local and state alcohol serving laws required.
- Must be ServSafe Certified (Alcohol) or TIPS equivalent
Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and exceptional consciousness of non-verbal language.
- Exceptional customer service skills to include the ability to handle guest issues with tact and diplomacy.
- High level of active listening skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Problem solving skills to detect changes in circumstances or events.
- Strong and accurate arithmetic and math aptitude.
- Professional and courteous demeanor.
- Effective multi-tasking skills to ensure a quick response to guest needs.
- Teamwork skills.
- Exceptional personal hygiene and positive representation of the organization.
- Written and verbal English
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 6 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.