Retirement Center Management, a leader in the senior living industry has outstanding opportunities for experienced Certified Nurse Assistants at our Autumn Grove Cottage Blanco location, a Memory Care senior community.
The CNA provides direct care to resident following an individual service plan, treats each resident with respect and dignity, recognizes individual needs, and encourages independence. Fosters a homelike atmosphere throughout the community. Must desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes.
Full- Time opportunities available:
6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. | 4 days on and 2 days off schedule rotation
2:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. | 4 days on and 2 days off schedule rotation
10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m. | 4 days on and 2 days off schedule rotation
Must be available holidays
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring and getting to and from activities and meals according to the individual service plan. Allows and encourages residents to do as much of their own care as possible.
- Serves meals to residents in the dining room or apartments. May assist in preparing meals following preplanned menus. Encourages residents to eat a proper diet and take adequate fluids while respecting the resident’s right to free choice. Records and reports changes in resident’s eating habits to the supervisor.
- Initiates and participates in leisure activities provided for residents as described in the activity calendar. Encourages residents to socialize and participate in planned activities or programs and to develop friendships with other residents.
- Maintains residents’ records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy and procedures. This includes documentation related to: leisure activities; incidents and observations; reporting any changes in resident’s physical condition and/or behavior; visitors; etc. Observes and reports the health and emotional condition of each resident, and promptly reports all changes to the supervisor.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents. Performs general housekeeping following cleaning schedules for resident laundry, bedrooms, dining area, living space, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.
- Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance – including emergency call pendants, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends.
- Knows location of each resident, reminds them to sign out when they leave the building, and notifies the supervisor immediately if unable to locate a resident.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Attend all inservices as required.
- Member of the community’s emergency response team.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
- Current CNA
- High School diploma or GED required
- Current CPR
- 6 months to 1 year of prior resident care experience, preferably with seniors
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, good judgement and attention to detail
- Understanding of HIPPA requirements
Retirement Center Management considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Retirement Center Management are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.