Corporate Accounting Manager - BU
JOB FUNCTION REQUIREMENTS:
Responsible for the following functions:
- Assist in the monthly global financial statement close and consolidation process including, but not limited to, analysis, variance reports, preparation or review of reconciliations and journal entries
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements as well as quarterly and annual footnote preparation to include all components of the Financial Statements (BS, IS, SOCF, SOCI, SOSE)
- Work cross-functionally with other departments towards organizational goals and ensure compliance with financial reporting.
- Financial reporting for and integration of business growth initiatives such as acquisitions, distribution center expansions and others
- IT implementations
- Other projects as assigned
- Assist with managing Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Review and recommend implementation of process improvements, to simplify, standardize and streamline the financial reporting process.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related majors are required
- CPA required (active preferred)
- 7+ years of related experience required
- Prior experience using of US GAAP principles and guidance
- Prior experience of understanding internal controls / Sarbanes-Oxley
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated experience working within
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX2012 a plus
- Ability to problem solve, take
initiative, and is highly motivated
- Demonstrated performance in dynamic, fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Attention to details and accuracy, high intellectual curiosity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and sustain a high level of performance while working remotely.
Perferred experience and skills
- Big 4 experience
- Fortune 100 company experience
- Experience with manufacturing/distribution company
- Experience with multi-currency ledgers and an understanding of revaluation and translation.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Hydrofarm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin , ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position