The main purpose of the Digital Print Operator is to setup and operate digital printing equipment and ensure to meet company Formost mediaOne's quality, accuracy, productivity and customer service objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Setup, operate and maintain the HP T230/EMT inkjet web press machine and attain the maximum 400 ft/min speed consistently.
· Setup and operate and maintain an inline finishing EMT equipment (moisturizer, puncher, perforator, slitter, cutter, stacker) to the HP T230.
· Efficiently perform roll-changes in 10 minutes or less.
· Operate other digital printing machines (IBM/Kodak DigiMaster, Konica and Ricoh cut sheet laser printers).
· Consistently and routinely check the quality of printed materials, relaying any quality issues to Production Supervisor.
· Learn all standard quality procedures and standard operating procedures as established by the company.
· Carry out of periodic preventive maintenance on all digital imaging equipment and the verification of inventory supplies.
· Work overtime on weekdays or weekends as needed and assigned by Production Supervisor.
· Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, H&S Data
· Clean work areas, clears hazards and contributes to the general upkeep of the production area.
· Follow and comply with all company Health & Safety policies and work rules and regulations; PPE (safety shoes, high-vis clothing, etc) are mandatory when accessing the production area.
· Maintain and contribute to departmental housekeeping standards.
· Perform other duties as required or assigned by Supervisor or Managers.
· Communicates job related information and expresses ideas clearly both verbally and in writing.
· Basic math skills, computer knowledge and experience.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Complete work orders and assigned tasks in accordance with set deadlines.
· Industry knowledge:
o Learn and maintain understanding of Canada Post/USPS rules and regulations
o Learn current trends within the printing and mailing industry.
· Ability to read and write English proficiently.
· Willingness to work individually or in a group.
· Attention to detail.