Our team at MKBC focuses on our mission to save lives by partnering with our community to provide a continuous supply of blood products and services. The core values Integrity, Passion, Trust, and Customer Centricity have made MKBC one of the nation’s best-regarded, highly experienced blood centers, and our history of compliance with FDA and AABB requirements demonstrates our commitment to quality and service excellence.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and passionate professional to join our team in the Immunohematology Reference Laboratory where we provide quality blood banking services to our community hospitals.
This role is less than two hours from New York and less than two hours from Philadelphia.
· Supervises department staff by assisting with problem-solving, team building and conflict resolution.
· Responsible for the oversight of reference lab testing including reagent quality control, release of products and equipment maintenance. Approves patient and donor antibody work-ups and provides written and verbal consultations regarding transfusion recommendations.
· Writes, revises and reviews departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs) and equipment/testing validations.
· Assists in training staff.
· Performs all reference laboratory duties including, preparation of washed, frozen and deglycerolized components, testing, and maintenance of red blood cell phenotype database and data entry.
· Manages customer service to ensure customer needs are met and understood. Builds relationships with current and potential customers.
· Must be available for on-call duties of the position.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a biologic or clinical laboratory science AND ASCP certification as a medical technologist (medical laboratory scientist) or Blood Bank Technologist
· SBB or SBB eligible preferred.
· Minimum five (5) years of clinical laboratory experience in Blood Banking
· Minimum three (3) years supervisory/management experience
Miller-Keystone Blood Center is an EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
HCSC Enterprises Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled