SHIPPING CLERK / ORDER PICKER
Hydrofarm is a leading distributor and manufacturer of hydroponics equipment and supplies for controlled environment agriculture, including high intensity grow lights, climate control solutions, and growing media, as well as a broad portfolio of innovative and proprietary branded products.
For over 40 years, Hydrofarm has helped growers make growing easier and more productive. And while we have been around for over four decades, we’re not done yet! We continue to grow and expand our operations - bringing the best talent and capabilities to keep pace with our aspirations in the market. Our mission is to empower growers, farmers and cultivators with products that enable greater quality, efficiency, consistency, and speed in their grow projects.
We believe that people matter most - because it is our people who drive our business, engage with our customers and continue transforming our company.
- Pick, pack & stage sales orders for shipping – must perform within department benchmarks for speed & accuracy; 35 lines per hour and less than 0.21% error rate respectively.
- Pack, seal, label, etc to prepare materials for shipping.
- Orders are to be hand-wrapped & staged on the Shipping dock.
- Comply with all instructions on individual sales orders, e.g. wrap pallet(s) in black plastic, use specific packing slip in lieu of standard WMS packing slip, no broken cases/cartons to be shipped, etc.
- Follow warehouse protocols & procedures, e.g. adhere to FIFO ruling, pick products from the top (no “stair-casing”), deplete broken cases first, etc.
- Operate forklifts, reach trucks and electric pallet jacks.
- Works well with other employees and be a team player.
- Regular, reliable & punctual attendance is essential (overtime required as needed)
- Take part in maintaining Shipping Dock cleanliness as well as daily housekeeping in the aisles/warehouse, e.g. sweeping floors, trash collection and disposal.
- Other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high traffic environment
- Must adhere to all warehouse safety regulations, which includes wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), i.e. non-slip shoes, gloves, etc.
- Must be able to learn & operate RF scan guns
- Be on time and ready to work
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good Mathematical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Task Oriented
- Will be required to stand, reach, bend, crouch & duck
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds
- Positive and constructive attitude
We Take Care of our Team:
Hydrofarm offers a very competitive compensation and a suite of Employee Benefits -
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Paid Time Off, 401k with Employer matching funds
Hydrofarm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin , ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
The Company will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position