Project Coordinator - 12-month Contract - With Benefits!
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial, and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish, or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Supporting the Senior Project Manager and working with the project delivery team, the contract Project Coordinator will assist in coordinating projects through all stages of planning, design, and implementation in terms of function, quality, budget, schedule approvals, and manage, track, and update the project schedule and associated documentation. Projects are diverse and varied, offering a unique opportunity to be engaged in all parts of the business, including client contract start-ups, construction, facility upgrades/retrofits, new business start-ups, etc. Collaborating with a dynamic team of professionals, the successful candidate will be able to learn and grow in their field through collaboration and project involvement. This role may mature into a permanent full time role!
· Assist in the coordination of projects with external stakeholders to ensure compliance with legislation, codes, and the requirements of the governing/regulatory authorities.
· Manage project documentation, version control, storage and tracking of deliverables
· Assist with coordination of meetings including creation of agendas, capture minutes and action items and follow up activities
· Create and manage project schedules, deliverables, dependencies, and accountabilities using MS Project
· Perform day-to-day project coordination and administration activities such as tracking, reporting, following up on action items, taking meeting minutes, creating briefing or presentation materials
· Contribute to integrated project plans ensuring horizontal integration of all milestones, deliverables, & interdependencies
· Monitor and manage project Risk, Action, Issue and Deliverable (RAID) logs and make appropriate recommendations for resolutions
· Assist in the coordination of project resources to deliver on specific deliverables and milestones according to approved project plan including the resolution of risks and issues
· Prepare Project Leads in presenting status reporting of project milestones and deliverables for specific roll up and project governance committees
· Perform site reviews/audits to ensure contractors and consultants are working in compliance with their contracts with an emphasis on maintaining a safe working environment.
· Ensuring project team adheres to provided timelines and deliverables
· Ensuring documentation is maintained throughout the length of the project
· Solving any issues that may arise during the project and seek project manager support when needed
· Managing and building relationships with multiple teams
· Develop and review project status reports and scorecards according to an approved integrated plan
· Prepare performance evaluation, cost analysis and lessons learned.
Skills and Qualifications
· 2+ years of experience working as a project coordinator and/or junior project manager is required
· PMP certification
· University or College diploma / degree
· Proficiency in the use of project management software and computer applications.
· Advanced at the Microsoft Office suite of products (word, excel and Visio)
· Knowledge of project management, including cost control, scheduling, codes, standards, specifications, corporate policies, and procedures.
· Effective communication skills to take complex information and present issues in a clear logical manner and build and manage relationships.
· Demonstrate a personal sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work completed
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable
· A valid Ontario “G” Driver’s Licence
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group
- Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers!
- Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
- Employee Assistance Program, paid for by the Company!
- Be part of an entrepreneurial organization that wants to continue to learn and grow!
- Ability to have impact and make change!
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position