Reporting to the President and COO, the Controller will support all our financial planning processes with JMNL & JMNT companies, accounting operations, investment decision analyses, and development of business insights.
The Controller position directs, coordinates, plans, reviews, and administers finance and accounting operations which may include; general finance, general accounting, financial analysis, cost accounting, cash management, payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. Oversees and controls fiscal information systems and provides direction to ensure conformance and compliance to company policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting standards, and state and federal laws and regulations.
This position also monitors and evaluates the work of support staff who may perform these tasks.
· Coordinates operations of financial areas including accounting, budgeting, and bad debt collection
· Oversees and supervises the production of management reports, financial statements and reports, and other statistical reports from various systems
· Regulates, supervises, and implements accurate accounting books in a timely manner
· Reviews financial control systems to monitor income versus expenses
· Ensures compliance with all audits, accounting, and reporting requirements as set by regulatory agencies
· Alerts or warns the executive team of irregularities, non-compliance, non-adherence, and other financial concerns that relate to the company
· Collaborates and coordinates activities with financial providers contracted by the company
· Plans, directs, and coordinates ledger maintenance, report preparation, and operating statistics
· Develops, modifies, and reviews accounting systems, reporting methods, and controls
· Protects company assets through development and implementation of sound accounting policies, practices, and procedures
· Ensures optimum utilization of financial resources through sound forecasting and cash management
· Minimizes tax liabilities through planning, researching, executing, and defending all Federal, State, and local taxes applicable to the company
· Analyzes new laws and regulations for impact on the company and develops systems and procedures to ensure compliance
· Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be instrumental in all financial and business planning activities, including accounting and controls, cash management, financial reporting (external and internal), financial analysis and planning, budgeting and forecasting, business contracts, capital structure, tax, audit and related support activities.
- Experience working cross-functionally, both inside and outside of Finance, to collaboratively develop budgets/plans and promote financial discipline
- A self -starter with exceptional judgement including an ability to execute independently and cross-team collaborate with members of all levels, time zones, and functions
- Very- detailed oriented
- Minimum of intermediate proficiency with MS suite products
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- 5 years or more of related experience preferred
- Previous management of accounting department preferred
- 2 years P & L Experience
- 4 years Experience in monthly accounting closes
JMN Logistics LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled