JOB SUMMARY: The incumbent is responsible to originate permanent mortgage loans to be sold to investors through the secondary market. Establish and develop relationships with Bank personnel, Bank customers and local realtors to increase loan production.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Interview prospective applicants by telephone or in person
• Collect income, asset and other pertinent documentation
• Pull borrowers’ credit report and pre-qualify loan
• Discuss various mortgage programs available
• Give borrowers appropriate loan disclosures, in accordance with RESPA and HMDA guidelines
• Order, appraisals, title work, etc. as necessary
• Submit Loan applications for preliminary approval through automated underwriting.
• Track progress of loan during processing, including obtaining follow-up documentation from borrower and getting closing conditions cleared, coordinating with loan processing and closing departments in order to expedite loan closing.
• Attend loan closings when possible
• Attend regularly scheduled departmental staff meetings, along with continuing education through training/seminars.
• Work with Bank branch personnel to cross-refer bank products such as consumer and commercial loans, deposit accounts and other bank services. Work with branch personnel to enhance branch referrals to the Mortgage Department.
• Follow up on post-closing issues if necessary to ensure loans are funded on a timely basis and to maximize the Bank’s compensation.
• Develop new source of mortgage leads through meetings, trade groups, open houses and other alternative sources
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Excellent human relations and communications skills to maximize business contacts and develop a working relationship with potential and current customers.
• A high level of analytical skills to conduct initial commercial loan analyses and monitor loan progress in consideration of market trends, credit quality, interest rates, economic conditions, and other factors.
• Complete familiarity with FBTM's lending policies and guidelines in order to provide the highest quality of service to customers and to safeguard FBTM's position.
• Good organizational and time-management skills and the ability to see a project through to completion with minimal supervision.
• Working knowledge of various types of mortgage loan programs, including FNMA, FHLMC, jumbo, government and B/C credit
• Must be familiar with documentation requirements of the multiple investors used by FBTM
• Strong knowledge of conventional and government loan guidelines.
• Ability to work effectively in high-pressure environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Database Applications/Calyx
• Working knowledge of real estate regulations as it relates to the lending function
Physical Demands- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands and fingers to feel or handle equipment and files; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 2.5 pounds. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment- The work environment of a Mortgage Loan Originator is in an office setting because of the nature of this position. The incumbent is in and out of the office meeting with customers and potential customers. The general area is low noise level. All areas are air conditioned or heated. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FBT MORTGAGE is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled