At Addiction Campuses, we believe in empowering individuals to restore a balanced life worth living through programs uniquely tailored to their needs. With safe, scenic campus environments located across the country, our comprehensive network treats substance addiction and mental health disorders medically, mentally and spiritually. Our customized programs support individuals with the coping skills, tools, leverage, support and accountability necessary in order to make lasting life changes.
In order to make this possible, we need exceptional people on our team. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
That’s why we are looking for a Registered Nurse who can meet the requirements below.
- Conducts Comprehensive NURSING ASSESSMENTS that include: medical history, drug history, physical, social, psychological health, detox scoring, and implement detoxification plans under the supervision of head nurse and other medical support staff that ensures the safety and well-being of the patient.
- Provides direct nursing care that maintains the standards of nursing practice and policies and procedures within the facility.
- Performs quality care that includes enhancing the dignity and integrity of patients by applying strategies to promote self-esteem and promote holistic health.
- Responsible for assessing the nursing detox needs of patients in acute withdrawal and be able to score them, planning interventions and evaluating outcomes of the care. As well as documenting detox assessments each shift.
- Maintain nursing supplies.
- Responsible for collaborating and communicating with supervisory nurse, providers, other departments and agencies regarding resources and services for improved patient care and staff development.
- Utilizes time management skills.
- Monitors for S/S of withdrawal, be able to recognize and manage symptoms and medicate accordingly. Ability to act in emergencies for example, drug and alcohol overdose, seizures and DTs.
- Knowledge of all types of drugs --as well as administering medications-be able to monitor patients for cheeking or potentially sneaking medications in & out, fabricating and manipulate symptoms to get meds. Willingness to enforce boundaries and rules.
- Participates in appropriate meetings and committees.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate & timely documentation of clients on a daily basis.
- Skills to identify medical and social/emotional needs of the client during the treatment procedure.
- Interface with patient, patient’s family and other member of the treatment team, therapist and case management as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree or higher required. Bachelor's degree or higher preferred.
- Current license as registered nurse in state of campus operation.
- Knowledge of nature of addiction recovery and clinical intervention which leads to greatest outcomes and creates conditions for highest probability of sustained recovery preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in drug and alcohol treatment preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of EMR system preferred
- Maintain a required active CPR/First Aid certification.
Addiction Campuses is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled