Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right
on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R.
Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists
of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities
including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis
courts, and a private beach.
If you are
looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and
join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from
you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide
range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings
potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food &
beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun
social events, and great colleagues!
This is a full-time, seasonal position ending September 7th, 2020. Our Pool Attendants are
responsible to oversee the Eldorado Resort (Manteo & Hotel Eldorado) outdoor pools and ensure the safety of all patrons in the swimming area.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible
for performing the following tasks to the highest standard:
- Monitors activities at the pool to prevent accidents, rescues swimmers
in danger of drowning
- Monitors number of guests in outdoor pool and sets capacity due to COVID-19 spacing requirements. Must be comfortable speaking with guests and asking them to leave pool area due to restriction on number of guests at one time
- Administers First Aid, valid First Aid is a must
- Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards;
enforces and adheres to pool rules and regulations.
- Follows emergency action plan and procedures established in the event of
- Maintains order in the pool and adjoining areas.
- Inspects facilities for cleanliness; completes general pool cleaning and
- Responsible for the availability and safekeeping of emergency equipment
(rescue tubes, backboard, signs and other equipment).
- Determines chlorine content and pH value of water, using water testing
kit, and record readings.
- Provides general information on pool operation to patrons
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The resort
is unable to assist those without a visa.
to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of pool equipment and maintenance.
- Knowledge of lifesaving methods and procedures, including first aid and
standard resuscitation measures.
- Ability to react quickly and calmly in emergencies.
- Ability to perform rescue actions, administer first aid and CPR.
- Must possess current National Lifeguard Pool
certification, CPR Basic Rescuer certification & First Aid certification
- Available to work varied shifts, including
weekends and holidays