Micronor LLC., a division of Photon Control is
hiring a PROJECT ENGINEER!
looking for a passionate engineer to who would be able to develop and design
systems, hardware, and software for fiber optic sensors in a high-tech,
fast-paced, product development environment.
What you will do:
- Assume given projects, plans
and schedules these projects together with the supervisor. Assumes
responsibilities of a project leader. Follows the MICRONOR guidelines for the
product development process.
- Develop sensing methods
and technology applying fiber optics.
- Develop hardware in
electro-optic, digital and analog technologies and related mechanics as needed
for the projects.
- Prototyping of mechanics, 3D
printing, electronic hardware, firmware as required.
- Compile production release
documents for the given projects.
- Write outline of instruction
manual, manufacturing and assembly procedures for newly developed instruments.
- Keep an up to date know‑how on
new technologies i.e. fiber optics, sensor technology, materials, components,
instrumentation etc. to create an efficient work environment.
- Evaluate and/or Recommend
System requirements for current and future use.
- Extensive contacts with
- Keep contacts with customers when project
- Keep contact with internal customers,
manufacturing, marketing, sales.
- Develop a knowledge of the manufacturing,
engineering, sales and marketing functions and interfaces as required by
- Support manufacturing as
What you should have:
- A Bachelor or Master of
Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Experience in mechanical
- Well versed knowledge of mechatronics, control/servo,
analog, digital, electronics.
- Knowledge of fiber optics
technology and basic optics.
- Knowledge in materials
and processes used in/applied to mechanics, electronics circuits, instrumentation,
and fiber optics.
- Good writing and
- Ability to comfortably use with
SolidWorks, LabView, Python, C, C++ or similar software platforms, Windows computer
systems and MS Office applications.
- Experience or familiar with prototyping
techniques, 3D printing, basic mechanical tools, electronic test-instruments
such as DVM, Scopes, Power Supplies.
- Ability to work independently and
with a team
What you will receive:
- Benefits including: 401k, Health care including medical, dental and vision, Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid vacation and sick days
- Annual Salary starting at $70,000 USD
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Photon Control Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, representative, and inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.