Red Seal Millwright - – Foreign Applicants are welcome!!
Who We Are
Emterra Group is a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused group of companies. This organisation has been deemed an "essential service" by providing collection and processing for recycling, organics, and waste that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion and the circular economy. Emterra is proud to be recognised as one of Canada’s Greenest employers and a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC) and the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE).
Attention: We are also accepting international candidates for this role, please submit your application with your red seal certificate.
What will you do?
- Demonstrate proficiency and adherence to safe protocols concerning LOTO fall arrest, hot work permits, and confined spaces while performing job duties;
- Remain vigilant and attentive to all plant moving equipment, including belts, bearings, conveyors, and machinery
- Assist in the design, implementation, and monitoring of preventative maintenance programmes for all plant, facilities, and rolling stock (excavator, skid steer, forklift, etc.) and ensure that they are consistent with the manufacturer’s and supplier’s maintenance manuals.;
- Implement daily, weekly and monthly checklists in order to ensure adherence to preventative maintenance programs;
- Plan and adhere to work schedule consistent with the needs of the plant and maintenance programs;
- Maintain proper log books of all maintenance activities;
- Assist in managing inventory levels of critical replacement parts (internally and externally) in the most cost-effective and efficient manner;
- Participate in Health & Safety initiatives of the plant;
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Working hours: 8–10-hour shift rotations and weekends and holidays as required.
What will you bring?
- Must have a Red Seal Millwright certification
- Must have excellent welding and fabrication skills;
- Technical expertise with hydraulics, pumps, motors, conveyors, shaft alignment, pulleys, belts, and bearings and the ability to troubleshoot or diagnose failures of the same;
- Excellent communication in both verbal and written;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group
- Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers
- Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
- Employee Assistance Program, paid for by the Company!
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support!
- Be part of an entrepreneurial organization that wants to continue to learn and grow!
- Ability to have impact and make change!
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Note: Applicants without the appropriate equivalency documents/ certificates would not be considered
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position