JOB TITLE: Applications Engineer
REPORTS TO: Sales Applications Manager
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: 734 Forest St. Marlborough, MA 01752
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Chroma Systems Solutions, Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of power testing instruments and systems including programmable AC Power Source and DC Power Supplies, AC loads and DC Electronic Loads, Digital Power Meters and Automated Testing Systems for applications in LED Lighting, Led Drivers, Aerospace, Defense, Military, Automotive, Medical, Battery, Solar, Marine, and Regulatory Testing.
The Application Engineer role will be responsible for pre-sales hardware and software applications support for power conversion devices using Chroma’s instruments and Automated Testing Equipment (ATE). This position includes identifying best test practices with our customers and the development of application documentation and presentation. This position requires working closely with Chroma’s product line across a variety of power supply markets and emerging technologies including solar, EV, battery, and LED.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interface with operations, service, and engineering teams to address test application issues – time on a test or service bench is REQUIRED
• Develop documentation including application notes, white papers, FAQ’s and technical articles
• Engage with manufacturing facility to define and apply new test methodologies using latest system architecture
• Conduct product demos in customer facilities or online
• Strong teamwork and communication skills REQUIRED
• Some travel is required
• Education: BSEE of minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
• The ideal candidate will have experience on various ATE platforms
• Proven track record of the ability to identify and communicate turnkey solutions
• Knowledge of LabView and experience with automated test software is DESIRABLE
This is a non-supervisory position.
CHROMA SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled