Medallion Pipeline is one of the fastest growing pipeline companies in the Permian Basin area. Our organization is seeking a highly skilled Corrosion Technician in the Permian Basin Area.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work within the guidelines and parameters as established by Company Safety Manual, operating procedures and in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Run cathodic protection field surveys; including the soil resistivity survey, potential survey, insulation effectiveness survey, coating / wrapping integrity, holiday detection surveys.
- Perform coatings & linings integrity surveys and inspection, both visually and by standard instruments.
- Responsible for chemical treatment maintenance including field surveys and coordinating chemical field trials for products such as demulsifiers, biocides, corrosion inhibitors.
- Corrosion monitoring including installation of the access fittings and the monitoring elements. Monitoring elements retrieval, insertion and maintenance. The monitor types include the weight loss coupons, electrical resistance probes, linear polarization probes.
- Conduct periodic NDT surveys by Ultrasonic on the equipment and vessels.
- Must have and be able to communicate a thorough knowledge of federal, state and local regulatory requirements in the Corrosion and Cathodic protection area.
- Prepare and maintain departmental data regarding corrosion research for HES and Operations staff using hard copy as well as computer based data systems. Process corrosion documents into company records system.
- Medallion Maintains CP data in PCS software – Experience with this software is a plus.
- This position will also be heavily involved with Asset Integrity
- Able to learn and perform other jobs as required for relief assignments.
Knowledge and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A technical degree is preferred.
- Minimum 4 years pipeline, refinery, terminal or similar related experience is desired.
- Must have a general practical knowledge of pipeline equipment, and tank farm if applicable.
- Must be able to perform various mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to perform routine maintenance on facilities.
- Must be able to read and understand station flow and pipeline alignment diagrams.
- Must perform all duties in a safe manner and in compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, manuals and reports.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to apply concept such as percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions if required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
· Possess a two (2) year technical degree and/or four (4) or more years related experience
· Possess a NACE CP Level I CP Tester certification
· Possess a NACE CP Level II CP Technician certification
- Works both indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment with temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., and apply up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
About the company:
Medallion Pipeline is one of the fastest growing pipeline companies in the Permian Basin area. Exciting new growth, developing markets, and innovative ways to help move energy are some of the reasons why today's pipeline professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Medallion Pipeline.
Finding the right people to forge our success is a critical step, and we have created an organization rich in opportunities. In addition to a competitive compensation package, Medallion Pipeline provides a great benefit package that provides our employees with the flexibility to make elections based on their personal and family needs. If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for success, we invite you to apply today.