Join Our Team As A Companion!
Jarlette Health Services is a family-centric organization that has built a tradition of excellence in making an outstanding difference in the lives of the residents, families, employees, and communities it serves. As a proudly Canadian organization, with 14 Long Term Care Homes and 6 Retirement Lodges across Ontario, Jarlette Health Services has established itself as an industry leader with over 40 years of experience in the dynamic senior care sector.
Please be advised, in light of COVID-19 and the safety practices and protocols our organization upholds to maintain the health and safety of our Residents and Staff, Jarlette Health Services prohibits Team Members from working with more than one employer
At this time, we are looking for passionate, results-driven individuals to join and grow with our team. Jarlette Health Services is proud to offer competitive wages, benefit packages and career advancement opportunities. Under the direction of the Registered Staff, the Companion is responsible and accountable for providing one to one services for residents with complex behavioural needs and in the monitoring of provisions of activities of daily living and dining services. Provides comfort and companionship to promote the wellbeing of a specific resident.
Ideal Candidate Traits & Qualifications:
- Secondary School Diploma preferred.
- Experience in customer service or working with seniors preferred
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team
- Ability to model the warmth of human connection in communicating with residents, families , and visitors
- Sensitive and empathetic to the needs of others
- Must demonstrate an active interest in ongoing education
- Must be computer literate
- Provides day to day services and support to individual residents to offer a warm, safe environment , ensuring comfort and welfare needs are met;
- Support and guide residents to home events that promote a positive resident experience;
- Acts as a resident companion as directed; provides comfort and support and companionship to residents.
Please note, employment with Jarlette Health Services will be contingent on receipt of a current Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening. Jarlette Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know.