The Movement Centre of Manitoba is looking for a reliable and responsible driver to join our driving team and operate our 10-seat accessible van, providing transportation for our clients to and from their program at our Centre.
Our Centre provides our clients with regularly scheduled transportation to and from our programs in our wheelchair accessible van, which is equipped with removable seats and a lift. The wheelchair accessible driver is regularly accompanied by a program assistant familiar with our clients during transportation. The driver is also responsible for assisting in transporting items as needed to and from offsite locations on occasion.
You are customer-focused, friendly, compassionate, flexible, and enjoy helping others. This would be a great opportunity for someone looking for part-time work who likes interacting with people and making a difference in the community.
*The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with our current team to build a shift schedule that works for all team members (full or split shifts, days of the week, etc.), ultimately ensuring the clients are served as needed.
- Safely and courteously drive clients to and from the Movement Centre
- Assist passengers in and out of van, ensuring wheelchairs and passengers are properly secured; operate lift as needed
- Install and remove adjustable seats as needed
- Communication link between clients and administrative team:
- communicate booked and cancelled appointments with clients, caregivers, and administrative team; convey estimated pickup, drop-off, and wait times with clients
- Maintain accurate travel log: up-to-date records on trip sheets, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident/accident reports, etc.
- Fuel van
- Perform minor vehicle maintenance
- Coordinate major/periodic vehicle maintenance
- Transporting equipment, supplies, resources, etc., to/from offsite locations as requested
Your Qualifications and Skills:
- Valid Class 5 Manitoba Drivers License, with clean drivers abstract and willingness to obtain regular abstract checks
- 3 years' commercial driving experience
- Valid and current Security Checks (within 3 months preferred, conditional employment may be granted while checks are being processed):
- Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check
- First Aid with CPR certification, or willingness to obtain
- Hold strong knowledge of Winnipeg and surrounding areas
- Superb driving skills, confident driving in winter and in the dark
- Comfortable using communication apps and online tools
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Flexible to take or change shifts
- Fluency in English
- Easy going and kind demeanor, compassionate, and reliable
- Loves people
- Ability to remain calm in case of emergency
If you want to join our team, apply asap - we want to meet you!
Expected start date: asap
Wage: $15.50/hour to start, overtime pay
Schedule: Part-time, between 8 and 20 hours depending on agreed schedule; some split shifts
Fill out the application form, submit your resume here: https://movementcentreofmb.easyapply.co
We value respect and inclusion, honesty and fairness, passion and teamwork and lasting personal relationships We have an enthusiastic, fun, and caring culture, and are looking for people who share those values! Visit our website for more information on who we are and what we do: www.movementcentre.ca.