SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer of ARMS, the Medical Director is responsible for medically directing patient care teams of physicians, mid-levels and care coordinators in all ARMS clinical sites.
1. Provide medical direction and administration including, but not limited to, developing clinical practice guidelines.
2. Preparing reports for the governing board.
3. Development of clinical policies and procedures.
4. Management of strategic development.
5. Supervising physicians and mid-levels; performing quality assurance activities.
6. Oversee clinical peer review.
7. Oversee documentation and care planning.
8. Reporting to Clinical Leadership Team and Executive Team.
9. Participating and directing provider and medical Quality Improvement and Care Team Meetings.
10. Establishing linkage with pharmacy, dental care, and community referral entities, social support resources to improve and expand the scope of services available through community referrals.
11. Establish positive relationships with local medical community and attend local medical society functions.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Preference will be given to work experience in a public health or community health clinic setting, previous work experience as a Medical Director, completion of an accredited primary care residency program, or Board Certification (or eligible) in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.