Senior Software Engineer
Located in Howard County, Maryland, Nteligen engineers solutions to the challenges of data movement. We perform proactive cyber threat mitigation in everything we do. Nteligen is not afraid to solve hard problems and is known to take on an array of different types of work, including software engineering, technical research, product assessment, security assessment, and cyber consulting.
Our team consists of software, systems, and policy researchers looking to change the way industry thinks about the security of critical systems. We are not satisfied just preventing bad actors, we want to eliminate their ability to overtake a system. We work with industry and government stakeholders to make sure the decisions we make raise the bar. We encourage our engineers to own their solutions and do the hard work to solve problems that make a difference. We embrace a hybrid work environment, allowing our team to work flexibly.
The qualifications for the Senior Engineer position include knowledge of engineering principles to include research and engineering assignments, experience in the development of policy, technical white papers, and prototypes. A degree in engineering, scientific, or systems management discipline, a minimum of 7 years of experience of increasing responsibility in the fields of Science & Engineering or Computer Science, and personal experience in project planning.
This position is a hybrid working environment, if you are more than 40 miles from the office it will become a remote position.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in programs within the federal government
- BS (or higher) in SE, CS, IS, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field (5 years additional experience may be substituted for a BS)
- 4 years of experience developing software-based systems that operate on Enterprise Linux or comparable operating systems
- Experience performing security research
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience developing secure systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including working with customers to determine their needs
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have an active secret security clearance
Preferred Requirements (but not required):
- Experience in Cross Domain Solutions
- Experience writing code in C, C++, Java, Python
- Experience in modern database systems
- Experience with requirements analysis
- Experience with penetration testing
- Familiar with the MITRE ATT&CK, CWE, and CAPEC frameworks
*Nteligen® is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or national origin. EEO/ADA/Veteran