Senior Systems Engineer (Windows)
The Senior Systems Engineer (Windows) is responsible for engineering, design, integration, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base operating system, but for all support libraries, components, and application dependencies.
- Design, implement, and provide ongoing support of the Windows Infrastructure.
- Serve as the expert for all Windows environments.
- Engineer, integrate, design, and deploy various Windows components and expert knowledge in Active Directory, Group Policy, digital certificates, multi factor integration, DNS and DHCP.
- Create and maintain bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution of Windows and network configuration, using tools that include Windows Deployment Services, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, System Center Configuration Manager, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Windows 2016/2019, and Windows 10.
- Provision/configure required software onto servers, such as web servers and databases such as SQL Server.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the Windows infrastructure.
- Work in hybrid environment of virtualized and cloud platforms.
- Monitor and correct critical server issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- Use native, add on tools, Resource Kits, and third-party tools to troubleshoot malfunctions, optimizations.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools to include printing.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 3rd level support.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP.
- Addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Shall integrate systems with Windows as it applies to authentication and core services dependencies such single sign-on and Active Directory.
- Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware.
- Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys.
- Continually transition knowledge to the government staff through training and assistance on how to use the technology using industry best practices.
- 6 years of experience required.
- Possess proficient understanding of networks, storage, and LAN/WAN systems and applications as well as their dependencies.
- Ability to maintain bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution of Windows and network configuration, using tools that include Windows Deployment Services, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, System Center Configuration Manager, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Windows 2016/2019, and Windows 10.
- Experience in installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools to include printing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Must be US Citizen with an Active Top Secret; CI Poly will be conducted after hire.
E-INFOSOL is a Service Disabled and Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. We are a premiere IT Security, Cloud and Virtualization provider servicing both federal and state government, and private sector customers. Through strategic partnerships with top industry players such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), VMware, Microsoft and Nutanix, we can provide an array of IT products and solutions, combining them with our expertise.
E-INFOSOL has 10 years in the digital world expanding with new clientele and jobs rapidly. E-INFOSOL is constantly aware of, technical changes within IT and wants to ensure future candidates can make a difference with contributing their different skills and knowledge. We offer an array of architectural, engineering, and information technological jobs to a diverse group of candidates. Come join the E-INFOSOL family and be a part of the vast growing culture that contributes to the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
E-INFOSOL LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.