Reporting to the Automation Engineer and Continuous Improvement Manager, you will provide hands-on engineering support to the organization. You will be responsible for recommending, developing and implementing optimal cost-effective manufacturing processes, methods and controls to drive increased operational performance.
- Monitor and respond to performance issues with existing automation and processes
- Perform root cause analysis on production, engineering, and equipment issues as
- Automation troubleshooting, new equipment installation and modifications
- Identify and make suggestions and eliminate waste (8 types) using TPS principles
- Assess and challenge manpower needs (use TPS tools)
- Ensure equipment and systems comply with relevant standards and legislation
- Drive cost savings initiatives
- Design new automation processes that outperform existing automation processes for
- Deployment in future facilities (and existing ones, if feasible)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent degree is required
- Must meet the educational and character requirements for P.Eng. license eligibility
- Minimum of 2-4 years of practical engineering experience within a high-volume
- manufacturing environment
- Automation experience is strongly preferred
- Previous data analysis experience
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Mechanical and electrical technical skills
- Efficient problem-solving abilities
- Excellent coordination skills to enable cooperation between departments
- Ability to respond quickly to unplanned events or challenges
- Effective communication and reporting skills for meetings with management and a variety
- of stakeholders
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extremely proficient with GSuite, Microsoft Office Suite, or similar software with the ability
- to learn new or updated software.
- Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times