Local Class A or B CDL Driver | Home Every Night | $1500 SIGNING BONUS
About Us and Why Weâ€™re Hiring
Weâ€™re passionate about building an extraordinary business. We define an extraordinary business as one that knocks the socks off of the customers, the employees, the communities that we operate in, and the owners. We donâ€™t sacrifice any stakeholder group over another. For 20 years we have rented and serviced dumpsters for residential and commercial customers working on residential remodeling and clean-up projects. Our customers love us. Google us and see!
Captain Hook is primed for growth, and weâ€™re looking for the right talent and experience to help us get there.
Our primary requirement for joining our team is that you share our core values. Weâ€™re proud of the culture that weâ€™re building. So if these core values resonate with you, then youâ€™ll probably feel right at home.
We have minimum requirements that are non-negotiable.
- Must be 25 years of age or older.
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
- Must have a valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement for the state of Texas.
- Must have at least 4 years of experience operating a commercial vehicle within the past 5 years.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience driving on unimproved surfaces in roll-off, concrete, dump trucks, or similar vehicles.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen, background and motor vehicle records (MVR) check, and Department of Transportation physical
Who Youâ€™d Be Working With
You are the on-site contact with our customers and the â€œfaceâ€ of the company. You will interact with customers ranging from homeowners and small contractors to site managers on large projects. You report directly to the Director of Operations.
How Youâ€™ll Work at Captain Hook
Responsibility and Empowerment
You will perform a solid pre-trip inspection each morning. You will contact customers via phone or text prior to each appointment. You will be responsible for checking in and checking out our equipment to make sure that it is ready for customer use. You will deliver, pick up and dump roll-off dumpsters safely and efficiently, working with on-site contacts to ensure they receive great service. You will perform a solid post-trip inspection at the end of each day. You must possess the ability to work independently. This includes problem-solving and initiative!
Austin, TX and surrounding areas
Day in the Life
Hours are 6:30AM - 3:30PM Monday through Friday. 1 hour (paid!) lunch taken between 11AM and 1PM. Some days run later or earlier depending on the volume of work. Occasional Saturday coverage required.
Compensation starts at $27 per hour. Minimum guarantee of 40 hours per week and overtime hours are available. We also offer great medical and dental insurance and coverage, as well as a 401(k). You will be eligible for paid time off and major holidays are also paid.
Eligible participants will receive a $1500 sign-on bonus, subject to repayment if you are with the company for less than 6 months. You will also be eligible for a $1000 retention bonus after 6 months of continuous employment, another $1000 after 12 months of continuous employment, and yet another $1000 bonus after 18 months of continuous employment. All bonuses are subject to taxes and program rules apply.
If this sounds like your ideal environment, read on because now we want to talk about you. You will play an instrumental role in taking this company to the next level.
You, Our New Driver
Youâ€™re our person if you are seeking:
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on and retention bonuses
- Work/life balance - you'll be home every night!
- Guaranteed minimum hours
- Great benefits package including 401(k)
- Paid time off and holidays
Captain Hook is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diverse backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and abilities. Part of creating an exceptional business is creating an exceptional environment for all employees. All are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to perform the physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
How to Apply
Please complete the application online and attach a resume in PDF format. A cover letter is NOT required but will be read if you send it, so don't be shy!