Do you have strong administrative skills? Are you passionate about
supporting the most vulnerable in our community? Come join us at The Mustard
Seed! We are a certified Best Christian
Workplace and humanitarian organization whose vision is to build community,
grow hope and support change. The
Mustard Seed combats the root causes of poverty in Alberta and works to create
positive, lasting change in the lives of those we serve. The Mustard Seed provides basic services –
food, clothing and housing, and support services – education and employment, to
those living in poverty within Alberta and British Columbia.
The Wellness Centre Receptionist is often the first point of
contact for clients and visitors to the Wellness Centre. The candidate must be
able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while still maintaining a
compassionate and professional approach with all clients, visitors and staff. The
Wellness Centre Receptionist utilizes a trauma informed approach to support and
triage clients accessing the Wellness Centre appropriately. Answering incoming
phone calls and inquiries from clients, volunteers and staff is primary to this
role as is connecting clients to appropriate resources.
Type: Hourly Standard
Schedule: 8am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday
Reporting to: Health and Wellness Manager
Location: Calgary Downtown
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet clients and visitors to The Mustard Seed;
- Triage and book appointments for clients with programs as needed;
- Process referrals for all clinical and non-clinical services
at the Wellness Centre;
- Ensure computerized appointment system is up-to-date;
- Respond and/or redirect all patient and visitor requests accordingly;
- Perform client intakes and set-up new clients into the
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results etc. are filed
electronically in correct client record;
- Ensure reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy;
- Re-stock information leaflets as appropriate;
- Answer phone calls in a polite and courteous manner as well
as track, log, and transfer phone calls accordingly;
- Greet, oversee and monitor volunteer & guest activities
within the Wellness Centre;
- Consistently communicate with the Street Level Team as
- Train students, staff, and volunteers on front desk tasks
- Perform clerical duties;
- Provide crisis intervention as required;
- Track statistics, prepare reports, attend training as required;
- Other duties and tasks as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience as a Receptionist or Office Assistant, preferably
in a medical setting or in an environment assisting with vulnerable people;
- Diploma or certificate in related field
- Strong people and communication skills;
- Knowledge of mental illness and addictions preferred;
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Proven computer skills (Microsoft Office);
- Excellent customer service skills;
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a highly
- Strong desire to work with a marginalized population.
- Moderate amounts of walking, standing, sitting, lifting,
carrying, and daily interactions with colleagues and clients is required in
- This position is often fast-paced, and requires a focused
amount of mental effort to analyze information and problem solve.
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions
at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our
employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s
Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a
full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect
is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only
those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed
reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers
page to see more job opportunities.