Do you have a keen eye for detail and a natural ability to make numbers work? Are you the type that can balance spreadsheets and reconcile accounts with your eyes closed? Are you highly motivated and looking to grow your career? Are you tired of stuffy corporate offices and looking for a company that puts people first? If the answer is YES, then Coconut Software might be the right place for you!
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, this role is responsible for performing daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks. As you learn and grow and take on more responsibility this role will grow and evolve as you do.
YOU ARE FIRED UP TO:
- Maintain the company’s general ledger, including reconciliation of accounts, and preparation of working papers
- Manage day to day accounting functions (AR/AP, billing, collections, month end, reconciliations, etc)
- Prepare consolidated monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports in accordance with Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)
- Calculate and maintain accurate sales commission records and payout sheets
- Process team member and office expenses
- Manage vendor payments
- Process sales and other deposits
- Maintain accurate records of all subscription terms and renewal dates
- Post journal entries accurately and in a timely manner
- Assist with payroll management and prepare payroll for processing
- Perform various finance and office-related administrative tasks
- Assist in computing taxes owed and preparing tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements in a complex, mutli-national tax environment
- Ensure timely collection of receivables
- Oversee the company’s bank accounts and credit card programs
- Assist with the preparation of annual SRED and corporate tax returns
- Contribute to other management reports and analysis as required
- Maintain data in information systems or databases
- Identify and recommend improvements to optimize the company’s financial processes
- Assist with other tasks and projects assigned by the Senior Accountant
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional financial accounting experience
- Completion (or working towards completion) of a professional accounting designation (i.e. CPA) considered an asset
- Organized, efficient, and detail-oriented (the little things almost never slip by you!)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Self-motivated, “out of the box” thinker, with the drive to work on your own initiative
- Capable and comfortable with multitasking and prioritizing conflicting demands and tasks
- Strong proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally in an autonomous work environment
- Impeccable accuracy with numbers and high attention to detail
- Prior experience with a SaaS company or other subscription-based business model considered an asset
- Prior experience in a startup environment considered an asset
- Highly motivated, proactive, and eager to learn
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software is an enterprise customer engagement platform that is implemented by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Canadian Tire. Founded in Saskatoon by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to over 50 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto (currently working from home). After a year of tremendous growth and completion of the Google Accelerator for Startups, the company is gearing up to scale the business event faster in the coming years.
With a relaxed work environment and company perks like Cabana Days, Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and the opportunity to work from home, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to propel your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Opportunity to work from home
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.7 rating on Glassdoor