Seasonal Potting Shed
The Root Cellar Village Green Grocer is your fresh & innovative destination market
for extraordinary food experiences.
At The Root Cellar, we believe that time spent gathered around the table is what connects us as people, families & communities. Good food is essential for survival and our human need for togetherness. We want our customer’s experience of food to be extraordinary, beginning with their visit to The Root Cellar. To create this experience, we seek passionate individuals driven by a shared love of food, experience, and impact. We value integrity, candour, a sense of humour and individuals whose drive for excellence results in a more rewarding work experience for all – together, we will support our corporate strategy, high standards and the community where we live, work & play.
Do you love working with customers? Do you have a passion for horticulture and gardening? Do you want to work with a fantastic team who shares the same interests and has fun learning and growing together? This is the place for you!
We are looking for seasonal support for our busy spring and summer season and if you are an energetic and passionate, gardening enthusiast who is customer service focused and enjoys sharing knowledge with others, this is the place for you!
This seasonal position has the potential to become permanent. Part-time & Full-time hours are available! Previous experience in a retail environment is an asset, but we are willing to train the right person with the right attitude.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Receive and maintain all seasonal & giftware displays, ensuring price accuracy.
- Assist with the watering and general maintenance of all the plants and shrubs within the Potting Shed
- Assess customer needs and make appropriate design recommendations, providing exceptional customer service
- Work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Perform a variety of cleaning tasks
- Gain knowledge of store products and growing seasons
- Work collaboratively with the floral team when required.
- Adhere to all store policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE COMES EQUIPPED WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- A strong passion for providing an outstanding & memorable guest experience.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Positive attitude, punctuality, and solid work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Weekday, weekend, and holiday availability with flexibility in varying days/hours
- Must be capable of working in multiple weather conditions and standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift to 25 - 50 pounds repetitively.
ADDITIONAL ASSETS THAT YOU MAY HAVE:
- Basic knowledge of trees & shrubs is preferred, including proper growing and maintenance requirements and disease identification.
- Knowledge of nursery stock and horticultural products
- Previous nursery/greenhouse/garden centre experience
- Pesticide handling license or certificate
This is a seasonal position commencing promptly. This role is entitled to competitive wages, a culture of Teamwork, Collaboration & Continuous learning. As well as a 20% In-store discount on purchases.
If you are interested in applying for this career opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position