The Banquet Manager is responsible for coordinating the delivery of all food and beverage for the functions that occur on the resort's property and all details pertaining to the events being held in the banquet and meeting rooms while keeping with ICONA’s standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Achieves maximum profitability and over-all success by controlling costs and quality of service.
- Completion of weekly schedules; schedule staff as necessary to ensure adequate and consistent levels of service.
- Controls banquet china, cutlery, glassware, linen and equipment.
- Responsible for consistently implementing the services standards and operating procedures in the banquet service.
- Manages events and team members throughout setup, service, and breakdown.
- Encourages all team members to create a positive work environment through teamwork, energy, enthusiasm and appreciation.
- Evaluates team member’s performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectations.
- Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all team members, guests and company assets (building, cash, equipment, supplies).
- Upholds company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our guests and team members.
- Maintains communication with banquet chef and event organizers.
- Reports to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management.
This position has some supervisory responsibilities.
An event venue and commercial kitchen environment. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
Physical Environmental Demands
- Stand- Over 3/4th of the time.
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time.
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 1/3rd of the time.
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.-50 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time.
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 4 years of supervisory banquet experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
- ServSafe certified.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.