The Community Liaison Worker will participate in programs, which are essential to the alleviation of poverty and homelessness and build healthy relationships between stakeholders in The Mustard Seed’s diverse community.
The interns’ primary role will be to promote education and awareness to the wider public on local social issues such as poverty and homelessness. Specifically, they will help run SeedServe, an inner-city immersion educational experience for youth groups who will serve, and learn with The Mustard Seed community. They will support in the development of virtual social issues walks, and will support The Mustard Seeds’ basic services, including a food bank depot, meal program, and clothing centre.
Position Type: Seasonal Employment, Part time
Schedule: 35 hours per week
Reporting to: Community Development Manager
Number of Positions to Fill: 2
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and implement community engagement
activities for youth
- Promote the SeedServe programs to youth pastors, colleges, and
- Liaise with the leaders of groups attending the SeedServe
- Jointly organize activities with the external
and internal resources
- Deliver Community Engagement workshops and
presentations, as needed
- Discuss with youth in SeedServe important subjects including crime prevention in their communities
- Facilitate learning opportunities to help youth
better understand the issues of poverty and homelessness in their own community
and equip youth to deepen their engagement with local agencies and causes
- Represent The Mustard Seed to the intern’s
community of faith
- Attend staff meetings and other training as
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
for fostering a deeper understanding of poverty and homelessness in
churches and the community
for the poor and a desire for greater understanding concerning poverty and
justice issues in an urban centre
computer, communication and conflict resolution skills
and skills in recreational activities such as sports or gardening is an
team building and leadership skills
be currently enrolled fulltime in a post - secondary program and fully
intending to return to fulltime studies in the fall of 2021.
the ages of 15 - 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
posting will fill two positions and is temporary from July 5th – August 27th , 2021 and it is a requirement that interns can
attend all 8 weeks
- Working environment will include indoor
and outdoor activities, office work on computer, lifting and some travel
will be required
- Evenings and weekends hours maybe
required to accommodate the hours of the community hubs
- Physical and mental effort will be
- Valid Driver’s License, Driver’s
Abstract and Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian
ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our
statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in
Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment
without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
is conditional on Summer Student funding and number of hours or weeks may be
subject to change
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Must be returning for the fall semester at a post-secondary institution
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- Not a member of the Immediate Family of the Employer or a member of the Immediate Family of an officer or director of the Employer
- International students are not eligible participants
- Please do not apply if all these conditions are not met
- For more information about Canada Summer Jobs: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/youth
Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.