Assistant Manager - Scotts Valley
Join CineLux Theatres to get your start in the movie business!
If you have a passion for movies, we are now casting for ASSISTANT MANAGER!
As Assistant Manager, you will receive the following benefits:
- FREE MOVIES for you and your family and friends in private auditoriums!
- Competitive wages and OT on holidays!
- Fun & fast paced working environment!
- Career Advancement!
- Discounted concessions!
Role of Assistant Manager:
- Assist General Manager and/or House Manager with the coordination of activities for your locations staff.
- Promote a professional and safe working environment and contribute to all areas of operation as needed.
- Train and coach team members in guest service, facility maintenance, and presentation quality.
- Listen and communicate efficiently with guests and respond promptly to needs and requests.
- Assist in ordering and receiving supplies from vendors.
- Prepare bank deposits and cash drops; Perform settlement of credit card transactions.
- The position of Assistant Manager is a part-time position (20-30 hours per week) reporting to the General Manager.
- Ability to learn all theatre functions, including projection, computer systems, and food and beverage operations.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Time management, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Flexible availability including daytime, evenings, weekends and major holidays.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate, or have a comparable combination of education and work experience.
- Requires at least one year of management/leadership experience in high volume and/or multi-unit theatre, retail or restaurant operations or other related leadership experience.
Physical and Environmental Work Conditions:
- This position requires the employee to frequently lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires the employee to bend, lift and reach repeatedly, as well as sitting or standing for long periods of time.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at CineLux Theatres and is not a legally binding contract. CineLux Theatres reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate.
ABOUT US: CineLux Theatres is a bay area community-based movie theater company. Our first cinema was established in Campbell in 1966. Today the same local family operates its theaters focused within Silicon Valley and Santa Cruz County. We are quite proud of our theaters and the wonderful staff which support our vision of providing a friendly entertainment escape!
CineLux Theatres is an Equal Opportunity Employer