Recycling and Waste attendant 4 days work week (Port Kells)
If you have a passion for the green economy and are a customer-focused individual, interested in joining a dynamic family-owned entrepreneurial organization where you can make a difference, then look no further! We are looking for an individual who shares our passion for the green economy, and who strives for excellence in customer service while working within a team environment in providing an essential service.
Emterra operates four of the larger Metro Vancouver Recycling and Waste Centres that are located throughout the Lower Mainland. These facilities receive large volumes of waste that are consolidated and shipped to various destinations in western North America. In addition, each facility contains comprehensive recycling depots that divert materials away from disposal and into the green economy.
The Recycling and Waste Centres are open 363 days per year. Applicants must be willing and able to work four-day rotating shifts (i.e. four days working and four days off).
The Recycling and Waste Centre Attendant is part of a team that provides recycling options for a vast array of materials. In addition, Attendants provide direction to the general public and commercial traffic in order for them to navigate the facility in a safe manner while properly recycling or disposing of their materials.
What will you do?
- Bring the ability to work safely mainly within a team environment.
- Participate in training in order to complete the required tasks of the role
- Provide essential recycling services and knowledge to the community in which the facility serves.
- Under the direction of the Site Supervisor, be part of a team that ensures the Recycling and Waste Centre meets all requirements from Metro Vancouver, regulatory bodies and Company expectations;
- Ensure outbound solid waste and recyclable materials, meet disposal/recycle facility specifications
- Work with the Site Supervisor and the rest of the crew to monitor and manage onsite inventories of all materials in order to ensure compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements;
- Provide excellent communication to the customers that utilize the facility, which includes the general public and commercial customers alike. This may include traffic control at the site.
- Help train newly hired personnel on operations, specifications for outbound materials and safety procedures;
- Provide recommendations to improve efficiency, service levels and safety;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What will you bring?
Ø A passion to be involved in the green economy, and to provide an essential service to the communities in which we reside.
Ø The ability to work mainly outside either in the recycling depots or in and around the transfer station building.
Ø A safe approach to all tasks and aspects of the job is a must.
Ø Minimum 2-3 years previous experience in a role preferably in a customer service-oriented environment;
Ø Must be pro-active and willing to learn;
Ø Must have good interpersonal skills, both verbal and written;
Ø Experience running small mobile equipment such as a forklift is an asset, but is not necessary;
Ø An ability and willingness to work shift work (day shifts only with four on and four off)), some weekends; and
Ø A friendly personality combined with a “roll-up your sleeves and get it done” attitude!
Ø A good sense of humour is considered an asset, and is necessary.
What do we have to offer you?
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- A comprehensive benefits package;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role;
- Training & Development opportunities;
- Provision of personal protective gear along with an allowance for proper footwear, and
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and affect change.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position