What are we looking for?
What are we looking for? We are looking for a professional, high-energy supervisor to lead our team of Bartenders and Cashiers who has the ability to think quickly on their feet and manage several different bars within the festival footprint at one time!
- Supervising and assisting Bartenders & Cashiers
- Providing breaks to Bartenders & Cashiers
- Restocking before and during festival hours, as needed
- Managing alcohol and mixer inventory and ordering, as needed
- Picking Up and receiving beverage related orders
- Checking in/out of staff for timekeeping and payroll purposes
- Bar set up and product delivery prior to event
- Filling in as a cashier or bartender, if necessary
- Assists Sr. Manager of Operations & Technology in scheduling of Bartenders and Cashiers and sharing those schedules with staff members accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements:Basic Math SkillsAbility to multi-taskHigh level organizational skillsAbility to manage multiple barsPrevious management or supervision of staff is preferredAbility to use electronic POS (primarily iPad/tablet based)Ability to handle cashPositive, engaging personality and professional experience. Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc. for an extended period and lift 25 lbs. Ability to work in all weather conditions. RAMP Certification is preferred.
Mon Aug 1 - Thurs Aug 4: Set up and Preview Night. Hours for set up will vary
Fri Aug. 5: 4pm-11:30pm
Sat Aug 6 - Sun Aug 14: 11:30am-11:30pm
Mon Aug 15 - Tues Aug 16: Breakdown. Hours for breakdown will vary.
Preference will be given to a candidate that can work beginning Monday August 1 - Tuesday August 16.
Seasonal staff who work through Musikfest will be eligible to receive an additional $350 bonus!
*Must be able to commit to working a minimum of 5 shifts (a single shift is defined as a scheduled 5 hours) for a total of 25 hours over the course of Musikfest, to be eligible to receive the bonus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Communicate with employees and clients, either verbally and/or in writing.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, see, hear, bend, stoop, reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Read and communicate in English. Bilingual in other languages is a plus.
- The employee is required to lift up to 25 pounds frequently, and up to 40 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation.
ArtsQuest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to provide access to exceptional artistic, cultural, and educational experiences using arts and culture as key elements of economic development for our urban communities.
Through festivals such as our flagship event, Musikfest; Banana Factory Arts Center; ArtsQuest Center and SteelStacks arts and cultural campus, ArtsQuest’s programming reaches more than 1.9 million people annually. Our programs and events, approximately 50 percent of which are free to attend, have a combined economic impact of more than $136 million annually in the region.
ArtsQuest is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees and volunteers invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
ArtsQuest is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, EOE, M/F/LGBTQ+/Disability/Vet.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.