As our Talent Acquisition Specialist, you are often the first to engage with candidates who are excited to know more about working at Coconut, and it’s your job to give them a stellar first impression! You are passionate about championing our inclusive culture and live and breathe the essence of our core values and our EVP to potential new Coconuts! You champion candidate experience, and believe that a personal touch and genuine demeanour are part of what sets us apart. In short - you make the talent acquisition process run smoother than a fresh jar of skippy.
You believe in understanding the ins-and-outs of every role - and what it takes to be successful. You rely on a blend of data driven decision making and gut intuition and have a keen eye for finding the right fit. You know how to ask the right questions, how to put candidates at ease and have a passion for getting to know people. You’re agile, analytical, and creative and your keen attention to detail makes you amazing at what you do! We’re not an ordinary company and we don’t expect you to be ordinary either. If you’re someone with a natural eye for talent, a passion for what you do, and you’re looking for a career making opportunity, keep reading!
YOU’RE FIRED UP TO:
- Proactively identify and engage with the best local & national talent
- Process, pre-screen and qualify candidates for multiple open roles
- Maintain ATS, update candidate information, schedule interviews, and coordinate hiring team calendars
- Partner with Hiring Managers to maintain job description database, create job requisitions in ATS, manage external job postings as required
- Track and use key metrics to drive continuous improvement (time & cost to hire)
- Be a passionate ambassador for Coconut in the community and champion our Employer Value Proposition
- Drive company growth and development by connecting with top talent in our industry
- Provide insight, feedback and drive continuous improvement to existing systems, processes and platforms
- Maintain our employee referral program
- Continuously build a pipeline and network of potential Coconuts
- Stay on top of industry trends and shifts in the marketplace
- Support special recruitment event planning, career fair attendance and similar industry events (when safe to do so)
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience sourcing and recruiting at a SAAS company and/or technical recruiting
- Previous experience engaging candidates through LinkedIn & Social Media channels
- Experience using applicant tracking systems
- Experience with full-cycle recruitment
- Driven to take initiative and be proactive
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and team oriented
- Passion for diversity and inclusion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment with the ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and manage time effectively
- University degree or diploma in Human Resources or Business (or similar credential) considered a strong asset
- You push yourself to grow, learn and innovate and sitting idle or stagnant drives you nuts. You’re looking for an opportunity to prove yourself where you can make a genuine impact and where your contribution is recognized (More than 22% of our team was promoted internally last year alone!)
What’s in it for you?
- “Cabana Days” - our version of a four day work week!
We work regular business hours Monday to Thursday. Then, we’re encouraged to take Fridays off to rest, recharge, and do the things that make us happy!
- Ability to do your job in a supported, flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs weekly;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
A full range of benefits to keep you happy & healthy;
- Competitive Salaries - we pay fairly based on experience and expertise, not your ability to negotiate!
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Flexible & Remote Work Opportunities (with a dog friendly office!)
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Professional Development & learning opportunities
- Internet Subsidy
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.8 rating on Glassdoor
- So, what’s next?
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place in a team you’re proud to work with every day! (even if it’s virtually!) .
Who we are and what we do:
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their financial institution. Our enterprise appointment scheduling and lobby management solutions are used by leading banks and credit unions across North America, including RBC Royal Bank, Arvest Bank, Vancity and Rogue Credit Union. The result? A seamless customer experience that’s improved NPS scores, reduced wait times and increased conversion rates for the organizations who use it.
Founded in Saskatoon, by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, we’ve grown to over 100 employees with offices in Saskatoon, Toronto and a remote team distributed across Canada. After completing the Google Accelerator for Startups and having just closed our Series B funding round (raised $28M CDN led by Klass Capital), we have ambitious growth plans to scale the team and continue to bring exciting new products to market!
Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. With a foundation in and emphasis on people, passion, and performance, we are seen as the disruptor in our space.
Some recent awards we’re proud of include;
Being named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Best Workplaces for Youth, Best Workplaces for Women and one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2021.