Coconut Software is looking for an outstanding VP of Engineering to join it’s Executive team and contribute to taking our company to the next level, while reporting to the CEO. The successful VP of Engineering candidate will be a great manager and team builder. They will focus on recruiting, management, internal communications, and superior product delivery. The VP of Engineering will be passionate about automation, processes, and testing. They will have a willingness and desire to collaborate with the CTO and the Head of Product to deliver meaningful solutions in a timely fashion. You will first and foremost be a people manager but respected and trusted by the engineering team for deep understanding of technology. It is a place where you will be able to be heard and make a meaningful impact to the industry and the team around you.
YOU ARE FIRED UP TO:
- Make sure the trains are running on time
- Recommend and incorporate new technology and ideas to improve sprints and efficiency and ensure a dominant market position
- Demonstrate strong leadership, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Scale the organization by developing engineering leaders
- Lead company-wide prioritization of improvements to code quality, systems, and engineering processes
- Share your knowledge of software engineering and code architecture fundamentals, and have the ability to review full-stack web application code using modern frameworks and quickly learn unfamiliar technologies
- Contribute to feature verification to gain understanding of the deeply technical product and to keep your technical acumen sharp
- Develop an understanding of current business issues and be able to provide timely advice
- Evangelize the product vision internally and externally
- Develop and manage department KPIs
- Collaborate on the complete product lifecycle, from concept to execution
- Build, develop, and mentor an engineering team capable of carrying out initiatives that impact organizational and departmental goals
- Recruit and develop top engineering talent in alignment with Coconut’s Values
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Minimum of 8+ years of successfully managing an in-house Full-stack Engineering team
- Experience working at and successfully leading at high-growth and fast-paced companies
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally with excellent business acumen
- Proven track record of successful technical project leadership and solving complex problems at global scale
- Passion and desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You have deep knowledge of web technologies and enterprise-scale software architecture
- Expertise working on and managing all parts of the stack, from AWS+PHP+MariaDB to React+HTML+CSS
- Experience with AWS, basic dev ops, and scaling infrastructure to support enterprise scale
- A proven track record of recruiting and developing engineering talent
WHO IS COCONUT SOFTWARE?
Coconut Software is a venture backed Enterprise Customer Engagement Platform that is trusted by some of the biggest companies in North America including Capital One, RBC, Rogers, and Bell. Founded in Saskatchewan by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, the company has grown to 50 employees with offices in Saskatoon and Toronto. After recently closing another successful financing round, the company has ambitious plans to continue its rapid growth.
With company perks like cabana days (paid time off on top of vacation, and flexible work hours, Coconut has created a company culture that is best in class. We are about people, passion, and performance and as a people-first company with exciting growth plans, Coconut is an excellent place to continue to take the next step in your career!
Modernizing how Banks and Credit Unions engage because everyone’s time is money.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Share.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Flex time
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan (ESOP)
- Apple Equipment
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Amazing Holiday Parties (No seriously - they are pretty good)
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- A People First Company - 4.9 rating on Glassdoor