The Relationship Banker (RB) is the “face of FBT” with branch-based customers. The Relationship Banker position is an all-encompassing role which requires the associate to deliver sales, service, and transactions to all customers (which may also include supervisory responsibilities). The RB creates a positive customer relationship by effectively communicating a clear understanding of the benefits of FBT’s products and services. The RB will engage in sales and service activities and contributes directly to the success of the branch by recognizing and uncovering opportunities. The time spent performing sales, service or supervisory tasks will be determined by level and the needs of the branch which may vary.
- Accurately processing customer transactions, balancing, and safeguarding against fraud
- Understanding basic knowledge of deposit and lending products & services
- Branch vault on a rotation basis, maintaining effective controls, places orders and processes shipments in a timely manner under dual control, assuring cash drawers are within cash limits
- Responsible for basic deposit account openings, basic lending and maintenance requests
- Able to identify correct product types through needs-based questioning allowing them to build and deepen customer relationships
- Confidently drive sales through service and knowledge allowing them to achieve personal and team goals as set
- Adherence to all operational, regulatory and security requirements, directives, and procedures while minimizing losses.
- Adhere to regulatory and compliance criteria in regard to opening deposit accounts, adhering to operational and screening processes.
- Adherence to the branch's internal policies and procedures
- Demonstrates and models First Bank & Trust’s core values that support the bank’s culture
Additional job functions by RB level:
Relationship Banker II
- Authority to sign official items up to $50,000 or as approved by Senior Management
- May decision overdrafts
- Accept and process loan applications in adherence to policy/regulations
- Perform Wire transfers up to $100,000 or as approved by Senior Manager
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
Relationship Banker II - Two previous years RB or equivalent experience
High School education/equivalent or higher
Cash handling, sales, and customer service background
Energy, Drive, Ambition
Learns From Mistakes
Putting People at Ease
Getting Information, Making Sense of It; Problem Identification
Knowledge: Trade and Business
Maintains Clear Communication with Customer
Thorough knowledge of bank products and services
Excellent customer service skills;
Excellent communication both written and verbal
Professional appearance and manner
Physical Demands- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands and fingers to feel or handle equipment and files; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 pounds. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment- The work environment of Relationship Banker may be at a desk or behind a Teller line in plain view for immediate customer service. The environment can get noisy during paydays and holidays. All areas are air-conditioned and heated. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FIRST BANK and TRUST is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled