Senior Full Stack Software Engineer for Pinpoint Predictive
Pinpoint Predictive is a VC and Stanford StartX-funded company that is actively seeking an experienced and self-motivated Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our core team. This role represents a unique, ground-floor opportunity to make your mark on our platform and company.
You are a passionate and seasoned full-stack engineer who can play a central role in the design, development, integration, and delivery of a new client-facing platform for onboarding data, displaying exceptionally interesting data visualizations, and turning data into real-world impact. You’re able to work closely with colleagues in the product, engineering, data science, and management, but also able to work independently. You’re interested in human psychology, and in what truly motivates individual differences in behavior in the digital world and beyond. If this is you, then this is an opportunity that you can’t miss:
Pinpoint enables companies across a wide variety of industries to more effectively forecast and influence human behavior. Leveraging the latest advances in behavioral science, artificial intelligence, and privacy-safe analytics, Pinpoint’s Thinkalike® AI allows organizations to better understand intentions, reduce risks, and persuade people to take positive actions. We are working with a range of paying customers, including Fortune 500 accounts.
Pinpoint is uniquely situated to disrupt people predictions with Psychometric AI, first in marketing personalization, and later across several other important sectors of the economy, including financial services, recommendation engines, and HR. Bringing to market a first scalable, scientific standard in people data will also disrupt the way that people predictions are made across countries.
Pinpoint was founded by an internationally recognized expert in heritable psychometric traits, and has attracted strong talent in big-data psychometrics, engineering, data science, product, operations, and finance. This opportunity is now, and we’ve got a competitive compensation package of cash + equity + excellent benefits.
- Own the development, including helping to define the tech stack, of our newly designed client-facing web platform and dashboards.
- Work closely with Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Design teams to integrate data visualizations, optimize user experience, and to enable users to drive insights and actions.
- Automate everything.
The Ideal Candidate Has/Is:
- Enthusiasm for working in a small, quickly growing, fast-paced startup.
- 4+ years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications with a rapid iterative release cycle
- Demonstrated skills and experience with a modern web framework (Angular, React, Vue) and understanding of web security best practices.
- Front-end development and integration experience with HTML/CSS.
- Experience with designing and exposing backend APIs.
- Development experience against both SQL and NoSQL data stores.
- BS in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building client-side data visualizations, preferably in D3.
- Experience building and developing cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS.
- Comfortable working with development in Linux/Unix environment
- Some prior development experience in Python or Java is a plus.
We’re growing quickly and hope you’ll join us. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Mateo, two blocks from the train station and dozens of restaurants, and bike friendly.