Senior Full Stack Software Engineer for Pinpoint Predictive
Pinpoint Predictive is a VC and Stanford StartX-funded company that is actively seeking an experienced and self-motivated Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our core team. This role represents a unique, ground-floor opportunity to make your mark on our platform and company.
You are a passionate and seasoned full-stack engineer who can play a central role in the design, development, integration, and delivery of a new client-facing platform for onboarding data, displaying exceptionally interesting data visualizations, and turning data into real-world impact. You’re able to work closely with colleagues in the product, engineering, data science, and management, but also able to work independently. You’re interested in human psychology, and in what truly motivates individual differences in behavior in the digital world and beyond. If this is you, then this is an opportunity that you can’t miss:
Pinpoint enables companies across a wide variety of industries to more effectively forecast and influence human behavior. Leveraging the latest advances in behavioral science, artificial intelligence, and privacy-safe analytics, Pinpoint’s Thinkalike® AI allows organizations to better understand intentions, reduce risks, and persuade people to take positive actions. We are working with a range of paying customers, including Fortune 500 accounts.
Pinpoint is uniquely situated to disrupt people predictions with Psychometric AI, first in marketing personalization, and later across several other important sectors of the economy, including financial services, recommendation engines, and HR. Bringing to market a first scalable, scientific standard in people data will also disrupt the way that people predictions are made across countries.
Pinpoint was founded by an internationally recognized expert in heritable psychometric traits, and has attracted strong talent in big-data psychometrics, engineering, data science, product, operations, and finance. This opportunity is now, and we’ve got a competitive compensation package of cash + equity + excellent benefits.
- Develop, integrate, and implement, with support from other teams, a new full-featured client-facing data visualization, and activation platform.
- Work closely with Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Design teams to evolve data visualizations, optimized to communicate the underlying data, and to enable users to drive insights and actions.
- Automate everything.
The Ideal Candidate Has/Is:
- 5+ years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a technical and/or team leadership role, or a desire to grow into one with a pattern of achievement and growth.
- Demonstrated skills and experience with a modern web framework (e.g. Angular, Ember, React, or Backbone) and understanding of web security best practices.
- Experience with designing and exposing backend API.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL data stores and their applications.
- Comfortable working with development in Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with D3 and portfolio.
- BS in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Enthusiasm for working on a fast-paced engineering team
- Experience building and developing cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS.
- Knowledge and experience developing high-scale, distributed applications.
- Experience building client-side data visualizations.
- Strong development skills in Python or Java are a plus
- Familiarity with digital marketing is a plus
We’re growing quickly and hope you’ll join us. We’re conveniently located in downtown San Mateo, two blocks from the train station and dozens of restaurants, and bike friendly.