Traffic Control Crew Member
RoadTeks are responsible for controlling traffic safely through work zones using appropriate equipment and communication. They will assist a Crew Chief in setting up and managing work zones. RoadTeks will receive on-site training support. This is our entry-level position in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely and appropriately set up work-zones in accordance with state or local Department of Transportation and Safety policies and procedures.
- Read, understand and follow RoadTek Traffic Controls’ safety policies and crew leader’s instruction.
- Placement of traffic control devices, signs, and markers in compliance with work zone diagrams.
- Maintain safety zone while directing movement of vehicular traffic through work zone using sign, hand, and flag signals.
- Wear and always maintain PPE.
- Ensure customer’s workers are warned of any impending work zone violation if incoming vehicle does not adhere to work zone.
- Be aware your surroundings at all time focusing on safety.
- Report all safety concerns to crew chiefs and managers.
- Ensure all safety equipment, vehicles, lights, signs and company owned property is handled in a safe careful manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must pass alochol/drug test.
- Ability to communicate speaking English.
- Obtain basic flagger certification (available on the job).
- Willing to work overtime and in all types of weather conditions.
- Dependable and able to commit to long hours of work when necessary.
All RoadTek Traffic employees, prospective employees, and employees who are affiliated with RoadTek Traffic are prohibited from having active or inactive criminal records, regarding the Sex Offender Registry. Any individual who knowingly fails to notify Human Resources, Risk Management, or other management (in writing) that they are listed on the Sex Offender Registry shall be immediately terminated from RoadTek Traffic Solutions. Employees must have clean criminal records with respect to sex offenders and must NOT be listed on the Sex Offender Registry. All RoadTek employees are required to work in school zones, which participation in traffic control is strictly prohibited by any individual listed on the Sex Offender Registry. If any prospective employee is involved in an active or pending investigation which may cause them to be listed on the Sex Offender Registry must have their application held in abeyance until such time as the investigation is complete.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.