Housekeeper at Vincentian Schenley Gardens
Full-time and Part-time shifts available!
Summary: The primary purpose of the Environmental Services Aide is to maintain a safe, clean, sanitary and comfortable environment.
- Ensure that resident rooms and public areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive manner.
- Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and when using equipment and supplies.
- Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning. Complies with manufacturer’s instructions and/or Material Safety Data Sheet.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment and supplies when handling infectious materials.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of housekeeping supplies to perform daily tasks is maintained in utility/janitorial closets. Keep supervisory staff informed of supply needs.
- Helps with the moving of furniture.
- Operates and maintains equipment. Ensures that equipment is cleaned and properly stored.
- Keep work/assignment areas free of hazardous materials and objects.
- Performs job functions in a manner that promotes efficient use of resources.
- Ensures that work records are completed and cleaning schedules adhered to.
- Adheres to established cleaning, cross-contamination and infection control policies and procedures.
- Reports all hazardous conditions and equipment malfunctions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year experience of housekeeping duties preferred.
- Ability to learn routine machine operations and record number of pounds or items for inventory and production control.
Vincentian is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary Range: $12.00 - $14.40/hour
Selected candidates will need to successfully complete pre-hire testing including a background check.