Wheelchair Accessible Driver
The Movement Centre Of Manitoba Inc Winnipeg, MB $15.50 per hour
The Movement Centre of Manitoba is looking for reliable and responsible drivers to operate our 10-seat accessible van, providing transportation for our clients to and from their program at our Centre. You are customer-focused, compassionate, and enjoy helping others.
This would be a great opportunity for someone looking for part-time work who likes interacting with people and making a difference in the community.
- Safely and courteously drive clients to and from the Movement Centre
- Assist passengers in and out of van, ensuring wheelchairs and passengers are properly secured; operate lift as needed
- Install and remove adjustable seats as needed
- Communication link between clients and administrative team:
- communicate booked and cancelled appointments with clients, caregivers, and administrative team; convey estimated pickup, drop-off, and wait times with clients
- Maintain accurate travel log: up-to-date records on trip sheets, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident/accident reports, etc.
- Fuel van
- Perform minor vehicle maintenance
- Coordinate major/periodic vehicle maintenance
Your Qualifications and Skills:
- Valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License, with clean drivers’ abstract
- Class 4 preferred
- 3 years’ commercial driving experience
- Valid and current Security Checks (within 3 months preferred, conditional employment may be granted while checks are being processed):
- Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Search, Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check
- First Aid with CPR certification, or willingness to obtain
- Hold strong knowledge of Winnipeg and surrounding areas
- Superb driving skills, confident driving in winter and in the dark
- Fluency in English
- Easy going and kind demeanor, compassionate, and reliable
- Ability to remain calm in case of emergency
If you want to join our team, apply asap - we want to meet you!
Expected start date: asap
Wage: $15.50/hour to start, overtime pay
Submit your resume and cover letter here: https://movementcentreofmb.easyapply.co
We value respect and inclusion, honesty and fairness, passion and teamwork and lasting personal relationships We have an enthusiastic, fun, and caring culture, and are looking for people who share those values! Visit our website for more information on who we are and what we do: www.movementcentre.ca.