Notre Dame Preparatory School has an opening for a long-term substitute English teacher. The position is for 5 middle level English classes---four 8th grade classes and one 7th grade class.
▪ Attend Department Meetings, Faculty Meetings and Professional Development activities.
▪ Serve as a middle level advisor.
▪ Complete grades and final report cards in PrepNet, administer final exams, and communicate with families about student progress.
▪ Collaborate with other teachers in the department, department chairperson, school administrators and other educators across departments and grade levels.
▪Work in PrepNet to post homework and announcements.
▪ Plan and implement lessons.
▪ Bachelor of Arts in English
▪ Middle school English teaching experience
▪ Excellent written and oral communication skills
▪ Experience using technology in the classroom
▪ Good organizational skills
▪ Desire to collaborate with department members on departmental goals
Notre Dame Preparatory School is dedicated to the ideals of transformative education. Inspired by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, the school’s founding order, NDP’s dedicated, creative, and extraordinary faculty present an outstanding educational experience, simultaneously rooted in the liberal arts and relevant to today’s society. Through hands-on projects, experiential learning, and foundational coursework, NDP students think critically, solve problems creatively, and communicate clearly. Outside of the classroom, co-curricular and extra-curricular experiences develop their confidence and leadership. The school’s spiritual and justice mission, rooted in the Gospel and inspired by the SSND charism of unity, anchors students as they seek to become loving, just, and wise young women ready to change the world for the better.
Interested candidates should forward a resume, cover letter and three references to
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Consistent with all applicable laws, Notre Dame Preparatory School will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other bases prohibited by law, provided the individual is qualified, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job.
All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity, and only valid job qualifications will be required.
Notre Dame Preparatory School is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled