Support Staff - Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
The Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for a part-time Support Staff member. We are located across the highway from the Kelowna International Airport, with convenient transit access just down the street!
If you don't mind variety and are able to work a flexible schedule which includes mornings, weekdays, and weekends, please submit your resume today! We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO!
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Hampton Inn & Suites).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within. Supervisor and Management positions open to internal applicants for Four Hotels within Kelowna.
To successfully fill one of these roles, you should demonstrate the following:
- Answer questions about food, beverages, wine and other restaurant functions and services when necessary
- Communicate with Servers and Hosts to maximize seating
- Ensure the efficient flow of orders from the front of house to the kitchen
- Check dishes for accuracy, presentation and temperature
- Practice a high level of floor awareness and clear/clean as required
- Manage the proper set up of: coffee station, expo pass.
- Running food to tables, ensuring that plates arrive to the proper guest (no auctioning off)
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards
- Monitor the cleanliness of section and ensure all materials and areas are clean and free from clutter
- Be thoroughly familiar with the causes of food contamination and the methods of prevention
- Follow all food safety standards and systems
- Empty garbage, change linen bags and dispose of garbage and recycling
- Communicate to all Servers any comments or information provided by guests to ensure a positive, memorable experience
- Other duties as assigned or required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous restaurant experience is an asset
- Valid food safe certificate (or willing to obtain upon hire)
- High attention to detail with the ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to take direction and prioritize
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a level of professional urgency and momentum
- Ability to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds
- Without assistance, and stand for long periods at a time
- Must be available to work varied shifts; weekends, holidays, days, and evenings
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without restriction.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.