Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra Group is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
The Proposal Writer is responsible for coordinating the proposal response process from beginning to end. This role includes working with the Pursuit Team, as well as technical/operational managers, financial leaders, and executives across various locations and departments. The Proposal Writer will work on a variety of bid responses and other projects, all with the objective of promoting the Company’s profile and winning new business and/or retaining existing opportunities. The competitive bid process is a key component of Emterra Group’s business model; therefore, this position will play a major role in the success and growth of the Company. This position will be based out of Emterra Group’s Head Office in Oakville, Ontario, with remote working arrangements.
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers!
- Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
- Employee Assistance Program, paid for by the Company!
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support!
- Employee discount programs!
- Be part of an organization that wans to learn and grow!
- Ability to have impact and make change!
- Review and interpret Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information/Qualification (RFI/RFQ), tender and prequalification packages for new and existing business opportunities.
- Write and prepare Emterra Group's responses to bid opportunities issued by industrial, commercial, and institutional (ICI) customers, as well as municipal/governmental buyers.
- As part of the Pursuit Team, support the complete bid preparation process, ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all proposal submissions.
- Coordinating team members and keeping projects on schedule through the planning and hosting of meetings and conference calls.
- Gather, research, and assemble all required documentation and information from relevant parties/sources, for the development of proposals.
- Analyze and review bid requests with a high attention to detail, ensuring responses are fully compliant with listed requirements.
- Work closely with the Pursuit Team, ownership, executives, directors, financial leaders, and operational managers to ensure Emterra Group's submissions align with the bid strategy/plan, as well as the operational environment.
- Implement continuous learning and growth through internal and external post-mortems and debriefs.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary education, preferably in a program with extensive writing and research requirements (i.e., English, Communications, or Business/Commerce).
- At least two (2) years of experience in developing high-quality documentation, preferably in response to procurement opportunities.
- Superior copywriting, technical writing, and/or business writing abilities, with an average typing speed of 50 to 80 wpm.
- Strong project and time management capabilities, thriving in an environment containing multiple concurrent assignments and firm deadlines.
- Elevated communication and interpersonal skills, working well with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- A self-motivated attitude with a very high attention to detail in an environment where multi-tasking and a positive outlook is crucial.
- Experience and proficiency in using MS Office software – particularly MS Word and PowerPoint – with a demonstrated capability of learning new tools/technology quickly and efficiently.
- Possess a valid Ontario Provincial Driver’s Licence – G Class.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our dedicated Talent Acquisition and Recruitment Specialists. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position