Bartender (Seasonal Spring/Summer 2021) - Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport
The Four Points by Sheraton Kelowna Airport is currently accepting applications for part-time and full-time Bartenders. We are located across the highway from the Kelowna International Airport, with convenient transit access just down the street!
If you don't mind variety and are able to work a flexible schedule which includes mornings, weekdays, and weekends, please submit your resume today! We are on a bus route, with a stop just outside of the hotel. We also pickup our employees from the bus loop at UBCO!
These are seasonal positions from April 2021-September 2021.
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Hampton Inn & Suites)
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands
- An excellent work environment, and the opportunity to be a part of a great team!
- Create a positive guest experience through interaction and adherence to the steps of service
- Knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in order to make recommendations
- Answer questions about food, beverages, wine and other restaurant functions and services
- Ensure accuracy when entering information into the POS system
- Utilize seat-specific ordering so to not auction food when it is delivered to the table
- Ensure guests are satisfied with their food, beverage and service
- Promptly receive drink order chits and pour all beverages according to Gulfstream and Four Points by Sheraton standards
- Ensure accuracy when making all beverage orders
- Present beverages in a clear and organized manner at the service bar pick up area
- Communicate beverage descriptions, specials and information to guests and team members
- Setup and take apart bar area & dishwasher, cleaning to the standard
- Stock and maintain all bar products
- Check and maintain beer keg and liquor levels
- Count and take inventory of all beverages and supplies and assistant manager with inventory ordering
- Maintain a clean and organized bar area
- Receive beer, wine and liquor orders on delivery dates
- Wash, polish and arrange glasses in a neat and attractive display
- Be aware of any special requests, inclusive of guest allergies
- Follow all food and beverage safety standards and systems
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Serving it Right Certified
- Prior experience as a bartender and/or server in a similar environment
- Wine, beer and cocktail knowledge is required
- Passion for food, beverage and providing excellent customer service
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and able to lift and move beer kegs, liquor and wine boxes
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.